Driver forged my signature, is it worth the effort to pursue?

Johney

The driver will only get discipline or fired if he ADMITS to forging the signature. I always say.
1.Admit nothing
2.Deny everything
3.Create counter accusations
:wink2:

barnyard

KTM rider
I get that one all the time "do I sign my name, or theirs?" I have never signed ANY name other than my own, why these people think I don't want THEIR signature is beyond me.

I always say, "Unless you have the power of attorney to sign their name, you should always only sign your own name." I usually add, "and that is good advice when signing anything."

DorkHead

If I was the OP I would make it a point to address the driver personally and explain the situation to him. I would then request that future deliveries be handled as they have always been handled at that building.
It is possible this was a cover driver and if so, the regular driver would pass on the information to the cover driver. This way there would be no confusion so this won`t happen again. I would not pursue this any further unless it happened again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I was the OP I would make it a point to address the driver personally and explain the situation to him. I would then request that future deliveries be handled as they have always been handled at that building. It is possible this was a cover driver and if so, the regular driver would pass on the information to the cover driver. This way there would be no confusion so this won`t happen again. I would not pursue this any further unless it happened again.

This is a high rise building in a major metropolitan area. Your advice would work quite well in a small town but not in this situation.

I would call the toll free number and ask that a supervisor call me regarding this delivery.

S

serenity now

just go ahead and throw the driver in the limb chipper, upstate, without knowing the facts

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This is a high rise building in a major metropolitan area. Your advice would work quite well in a small town but not in this situation.

I would call the toll free number and ask that a supervisor call me regarding this delivery.
While in a small center this would work, and probably the incident can be expained away, any concern such as this creates havoc. The OP is going to get nothing more, she got her purse. The driver is going to get grilled and drilled, for something which none of us know the answer to. It is Chicago, it is a high rise, I can only imagine hundreds of people at that hour in and out of the building, checking their mail, etc. I say let it go. She already made numerous calls, arrange your new purse and be glad you got it. If she hadnt there would b e a claim and amazon would send a new one. Done end of story.

A package car center is a package car center regardless if it's in the city or in the boonies. I was in a center of 36 at the time and both gave and received info from every driver I covered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let me explain. Rather than call in a concern, I would prefer to speak to a supervisor, explain the situation and then let the supervisor speak to the driver in question. The driver may very well have done everything correctly and the OP may be mistaken---on the flip side the driver may very well have forged her signature to avoid the send again. By not calling in a concern it gives the driver a chance to explain what happened without the threat of discipline. If the OP calls in a concern, which in this case would be for denial of signature, the driver is already behind the 8-ball.

Those who have said "you have your package and should let it go at that" may be doing the driver a disservice. If he did indeed forge her signature correcting this now could help this guy keep his job.

I think the driver followed the proper delivery methods by indirecting the package to the mailroom. He got a signature, clarified it and indicated the left at location. The OP never said that the tracking information showed her name---I think she was upset that she sat home all day only to find that her package was sitting downstairs the whole time.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We were told to ec anything that was EC positive. Someone called in and complained, and I went through interrogations of why I didnt deliver it. The ladies name was HAGG and she was. It was mary kay, definetely I saw the need for it as she stood at her door, with her 7 steps of ice and snow,no handrail, 8pm at night, and told my sup, "she didnt even try". Why dont you walk out on your treacherous steps and you take the fall instead of expecting me to. And yet I was working as directed. And went through Heck over it, as it was called in as a concern. No the OMS could not have said, this is what they are told to do. The OMS asked her if her driveway was plowed, OMG its not in the country, it was as simple as taking your hagg broom, to your snow covered steps where you couldn t see one step from the next. They dont know they are office people.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When a consignee calls the toll free number they can request that a message be sent to the center rather than a concern. This is what I was talking about. A message allows the center team to do their jobs without the thought of what discipline, if any, they would have to hand out. A concern, especially a rude hourly, ties their hands.

I would be curious as to what name was used to clarify the signature.

Tooner, I would never question your delivery methods, but was there any way to safely go to the side of the stairs and slide the package toward the front door? This is what I usually do when the steps or sidewalk are impassable.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When a consignee calls the toll free number they can request that a message be sent to the center rather than a concern. This is what I was talking about. A message allows the center team to do their jobs without the thought of what discipline, if any, they would have to hand out. A concern, especially a rude hourly, ties their hands.

I would be curious as to what name was used to clarify the signature.
I would be interested to the clarification also, but.......You get a choice when you have an issue, such as the OP, and you are asked, if given the choice, whether you want a call sent to the center, or a concern, not knowing our lingo, what do you think she will say? Obviously she has a CONCERN which is why she posted here, and after 4 pgs has not returned. Im done, lifes too short for this. Have a great weekend everyone!

barnyard

KTM rider
To be honest. I have done the same thing. Get a signature, talk about something, get distracted, walk away, 'crap, what was their name?' Type in best guess.

Fortunately, I have not had a FU on any of those. I would have to admit to be ADHD and look a butterfly.

kingOFchester

I think we can all agree that a lot of centers are not worker friendly. Even talking to a local sup may still result in disciplinary action for something that could legitimately be something that was not the fault of the employee. I do not think it is good for the brotherhood to suggest the OP call the center. Certainly in this case any ways. JMHO.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think we can all agree that a lot of centers are not worker friendly. Even talking to a local sup may still result in disciplinary action for something that could legitimately be something that was not the fault of the employee. I do not think it is good for the brotherhood to suggest the OP call the center. Certainly in this case any ways. JMHO.
Amen. he who calls first wins.