Driver forged my signature, is it worth the effort to pursue?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You obviously struggle with comprehending simple posts. What is scarier is that you are a center manager who would have made a determination and decission based solely on hearing one side of an incident. Let me be clear. I have gone to a house. Rang bell. Customer says "I didn't order anything". I say "its for Joe Blow" They respond "oh that is my room mate" They sign. When I ask their last name, they give me the name that is on the box. I say "I need your last name". They respond with "oh, I though you wanted my room mates name". Happens many many times a month.

So you are saying there is no way that the driver could of gone into the office, up to the doorman, or any who and the person in question says "I will sign for it." Driver says "great", hands over diad, the person then just states the last name of the receiver?? Driver types in last name given.

No comprehension problems on my side my computer is working fine. Driver could have but I seriously doubt it and if he did..next time leave a delivery notice saves everyone a lot of grief.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Or.............We see a driver at $31 hourly rate and close to $50 on overtime who has some ballcracker of a center manager on he and the rest of the center about bringing nothing back at the end of the day? He's a good guy, delivered to this address thousands of times and knows the package is safe in the locked mail room, and since he has other deliveries there decides to go in the grey area and leave the package safely with the others. The OP says they usually leave a note. Maybe it's on the floor of the lobby where it fell of the mailbox, or someone took it,etc? Or maybe the OP doesn't know her butt from a hole in the ground?

The point is everyone's out to point fingers and hang someone over a post by a non employee who hasn't been back since, especially since she received her package safely.

Why didn't "Good Guy" go to the apartment and knock and give them the package in the first place they were home all day? I am assuming they were really home all day (they would never tell the 1-800 something different).

Why didn't "Good Guy" go to the apartment and knock and give them the package in the first place they were home all day? I am assuming they were really home all day (they would never tell the 1-800 something different).

Why didn't his "good guy" center manager tell him that it's important to do the job the way it's supposed to be done to make service to each and every valued customer even though those methods won't put up the numbers that I.E. wants? Don't worry, he says, I'll stand behind you because I'm a standup guy.

Are we going to continue to get into a pissing match over hypotheticals or are we going to agree that we don't know both sides of the story and the side we do know generally tends to be uninformed?

kingOFchester

I know, I know....I was done with this thread, but that was sober me. Meet Heineken me.

Anyway, I can't count the amount of times I made attempts where I know the customer wasn't home, but yet was told to reattempt due to customer not hearing me. Or better yet, customer stating that I didn't ring or knock. Yea, thats what I like to do....lug box up to house, keeping quiet and leave notice, just to lug the box back to truck to redo the next day. When I return do to being sent back, All of a sudden there is a car in the driveway with a warm hood. And the amount of apologies spewing from the customers pie hole only confirms that they lied to the 800 number. Those *********s can all kiss my corn hole.

The more people I meet, the more I like my beer mug.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Why didn't his "good guy" center manager tell him that it's important to do the job the way it's supposed to be done to make service to each and every valued customer even though those methods won't put up the numbers that I.E. wants? Don't worry, he says, I'll stand behind you because I'm a standup guy.

Are we going to continue to get into a pissing match over hypotheticals or are we going to agree that we don't know both sides of the story and the side we do know generally tends to be uninformed?

I have not heard both sides of the story..

Lesson to every one is do the job correctly ..

It is not worth all the drama.

gostillerz

Ha, my Oncar forges my name for those safety drivel forms since I'm hardly ever there. Took pics of those and the driver schedules that show I wasn't there those days. Saving it for a rainy day.

kingOFchester

Ha, my Oncar forges my name for those safety drivel forms since I'm hardly ever there. Took pics of those and the driver schedules that show I wasn't there those days. Saving it for a rainy day.

Nothing better then having a "get out of jail" card in the old back pocket!

Im glad you are not my boss!!..You sound like a real DING DONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a driver. And they don't make Ding Dongs anymore.

images

The King is dead. Long live the King