Driver from another Center starting out of our building

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by shortimer89, Sep 27, 2016.

1. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

We have a feeder driver from a different center starting out of our building on a regular bases. Was told by manager they can do that. We have our own relief drivers in pkg. They're using him to cover CPU volume out of his center but often joins up with our CPU driver to help with volume.

2. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

If he's running CPU from his center then why would he start at your center? That makes no sense.

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I've given up on trying to figure out how and why feeders is handled so unfairly for certain buildings and the opposite for others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

He lives 5min from our building and an hour from his. He's not running CPU he's helping out when volume is high

5. heybobby!

heybobby! Member

How many times a day do we here that phrase "it makes no sense" it should be the company's mantra

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Hide the keys to the tractors.

7. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

Was told by manager, they can start a driver out of whatever center they want to. Really?

8. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Driver can follow his/her route

9. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

It's not a route. When CPU volume is heavy in his center they let him use our equipment because he lives 5min from our building but an hour from his. He's a relief driver, with a pkg route. I don't think when our relief drivers are in pkg, another relief driver from a different center should be allowed to start out of our building

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Is he displacing someone?

11. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

Our own relief drivers are in pkg on days he's starting out of our building

12. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Are you a relief driver, being denied a work opportunity ?

-Bug-

13. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

Not me. Two of our relief drivers are. They're new to feeder and want the work but are afraid of getting black balled

14. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

It sounds like, according to you this driver from another center is only using equipment and is probably being coded as starting from his building. If he's doing your centers p/up volume there may be a case for your feeder relief guys who are driving package.

15. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

No guts.... No Glory.

If they don't do something about this now, UPS will forever consider them punks.

They need to talk with your Local Union.

-Bug-

16. shortimer89

shortimer89 New Member

I understand it's convenient for him to start out of our building but doesn't seem right. I know there are times he'll also fill out his trailer with some of our CPU volume if he has room. The volume is then taken to a hub