Driver helper bid

Get me a steward

I am a loader with 2 and a half years seniority who turned in a bid sheet for driver helper on Oct 5th when there was no deadline posted for apps. When I asked HR why I did not receive a call as others did she said I probably turned mine in too late. There are now driver helper apps open for where I work. Can they hire off the streets before the hire me?

T

Turdferguson

I am a loader with 2 and a half years seniority who turned in a bid sheet for driver helper on Oct 5th when there was no deadline posted for apps. When I asked HR why I did not receive a call as others did she said I probably turned mine in too late. There are now driver helper apps open for where I work. Can they hire off the streets before the hire me?
They do whatever they want. It's up to you to make them do what they should by contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Con1989

They will hire from the inside first. Be patient. They can't put on driver helpers til after Nov. 1st.

Til after Nov. 1st? I started driver helper last Monday. I'm the first helper in my building this year. I was told to keep it on the down low due to seniority issues. Local 396

undies

Til after Nov. 1st? I started driver helper last Monday. I'm the first helper in my building this year. I was told to keep it on the down low due to seniority issues. Local 396

If this is true, you're not only violating the contract, but hurting your fellow union brothers/sisters. This is a great way to burn bridges.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Read your supplement....if PTers with seniority are allowed to double as helpers over a seasonal hire....file a grievance.

Con1989

Good thinking. Keep it on the DL on an internet forum that can be read by anyone, anywhere in the world.
:likeit:

Well I didn't put all my info down so no one is going to know who I am. It's just a Internet forum, it's not like I'm telling everyone in my building I'm jumping everyone's seniority.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Well I didn't put all my info down so no one is going to know who I am. It's just a Internet forum, it's not like I'm telling everyone in my building I'm jumping everyone's seniority.

I hear what you're saying but trust me when I tell you, people can figure out who you are quicker than you think. I'm just saying, be careful if you want to stay anonymous.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Western supplement has little wording on seasonal help that I can find. Can't seem to find any info on helpers.
I'm curious; do you have the official printed copy (book) of your contract, or are you looking through some version you found online?