Driver helper bid

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jacobram, Oct 26, 2014.

1. jacobram

jacobram Member

I am a loader with 2 and a half years seniority who turned in a bid sheet for driver helper on Oct 5th when there was no deadline posted for apps. When I asked HR why I did not receive a call as others did she said I probably turned mine in too late. There are now driver helper apps open for where I work. Can they hire off the streets before the hire me?

CHALLY9TX Active Member

File a grievance.
  3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

They do whatever they want. It's up to you to make them do what they should by contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  4. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

They will hire from the inside first. Be patient. They can't put on driver helpers til after Nov. 1st.
  5. Con1989

Con1989 Member

Til after Nov. 1st? I started driver helper last Monday. I'm the first helper in my building this year. I was told to keep it on the down low due to seniority issues. Local 396
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Good thinking. Keep it on the DL on an internet forum that can be read by anyone, anywhere in the world.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. undies

undies Active Member

If this is true, you're not only violating the contract, but hurting your fellow union brothers/sisters. This is a great way to burn bridges.
  8. NickyNik

NickyNik Member

They started beginning of October here.
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Read your supplement....if PTers with seniority are allowed to double as helpers over a seasonal hire....file a grievance.
  10. jacobram

jacobram Member

Western supplement has little wording on seasonal help that I can find. Can't seem to find any info on helpers.
  11. jacobram

jacobram Member

L 396 here as well our building started last Monday
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep it happens all over.
  13. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

I thought there "wasn't enough work" for that yet.
  14. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Didn't NYC put up a lot of helper bids earlier this year? How is that working out on an everyday basis?
  15. Con1989

Con1989 Member

Well I didn't put all my info down so no one is going to know who I am. It's just a Internet forum, it's not like I'm telling everyone in my building I'm jumping everyone's seniority.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

What you mean? The combo jobs or just the seasonal driver helping?
  17. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I hear what you're saying but trust me when I tell you, people can figure out who you are quicker than you think. I'm just saying, be careful if you want to stay anonymous.
  18. Con1989

Con1989 Member

gotcha! Thx
  19. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

I'm curious; do you have the official printed copy (book) of your contract, or are you looking through some version you found online?
  20. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Combo jobs, I think they put them up in Aug or sometime close to that.