Driver helper bid

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You know what was funny, on the bid sheet, it seems like everybody had seniority over me, but when I checked the seniority list for my building, I had seniority over half of the pters in my building. Damn lying grunts thought that they could achieve something by lying.
Combo jobs, I think they put them up in Aug or sometime close to that.

Oh yeah, they got filled.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How are those working out? What is their other job in the combos? How many hours total? Just curious.

They do driver helping and their normal shift. They get up to 10-11 hours a day. I'm surprise UPS is this liberal with giving them so much ot. Maybe next year they will put them on an "8 hour diet".

upschuck

They do driver helping and their normal shift. They get up to 10-11 hours a day. I'm surprise UPS is this liberal with giving them so much ot. Maybe next year they will put them on an "8 hour diet".
The bid was just to add helper to whatever they were doing at that time? I would think that would knock out the night sort people. I would hate to get ready for UPS 10 times a week. How much did driver dispatches go up? 10-15/hr? Wonder if helper will be their FT job come peak.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The bid was just to add helper to whatever they were doing at that time? I would think that would knock out the night sort people. I would hate to get ready for UPS 10 times a week. How much did driver dispatches go up? 10-15/hr? Wonder if helper will be their FT job come peak.

No, it's suppose to be a full time combo job, period. UPS can send them home as soon as they get 8 hours. There are actually two shifts for the combo job, one that starts at around 6:30 in the morning (working the preload) and do driver starts driver helping at 1pm. The other shift starts at 1pm doing driver helping then they start doing local sort at around 6pm. And as far as driver dispatches, I have no idea.