Driver Helper Interview

FudgeHoper

This my first job interview and I'm very nervous and was wondering what kind of question they usually ask during the interview. Also how long does it usually take for the interview.

redfish10

Went to one yesterday, It was a group meeting, no questions asked and they basically told everyone to report next Tuesday for orientation.

jthor99

I have an interview next Monday. I'm actually putting in my 2 week notice in tomorrow at my current employer (yes I do realize the position is only seasonal) my concern at this point is hopefully they allow me to start after my obligation is up here...I put it in my application, but I hope it doesn't give them a reason NOT to hire me. I'd like to bust my butt @ UPS through Christmas and then start school

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I wouldn't count on it. There's probably going to be a hiring freeze after Christmas. I imagine it couldn't hurt, but I hope you're in a position to be unemployed till March.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
The only way I know of NOT to get hired as a driver-helper is to kill someone. During the interview.

Well there is always option b, producing a sensible thought and sharing it verbally out loud will get you disqualified. u r here 2 deliver the packages n take directions not think.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
or you could help yourself and use the handy search function that is part of this board. I'll bet if you went to pg 2 or 3, you would find a post that already answers your question without even having to do a search.

TB

I agree - In fact, I feel we should close down this forum alltogether, and just put up a page that says "Use Google, You maroon"

evilleace

Don't know what questions they will ask as I am an inside employee and didn't have an interview for my drivers helper job. But it is a VERY HARD WORK just so you know it is not for everyone we seem to have been getting a lot of employees who think this is a cake job. Also you should know that there are a lot of drivers laid off right now so they will be called before you to work so I would not quit another job for this one because you might not work as much as you think. But the interview wont be to bad just answer honestly.

gandydancer

This my first job interview and I'm very nervous and was wondering what kind of question they usually ask during the interview. Also how long does it usually take for the interview.

The work is hard, the pay is mediocre, and you won't get benefits for a year if you can get hired back after the first of the year. Turnover is high and lots of packages will need to be loaded so if you can handle the work you should get hired back inside despite the odd driver losing his route. It's not hard to get hired by UPS. It's just hard to stomach staying hired by UPS. The management culture is hypocrisy rampant.