Driver helper OT?

DTAHONDA

On Wednesday i worked 10 1/2 hrs as a driver helper and im wondering if i get overtime after 8hrs?

I asked the driver i was with yesterday, and he said they get ot after 8.

Thanks!

Johney

No O/T after 8,over 40 yes. At least here.Did you work with one driver 10 & 1/2 hours? If so then that guy must have had a HUGE dispatch. If you worked with multiple drivers than don't plan on getting paid for your travel time between drivers.

UPSGUY72

Helpers get paid OT after 40 hrs. We get paid OT after 8 because we are in the union and fall under the contract the says we get paid OT after 8.

DTAHONDA

Yea well my check from the first week has .23 overtime and i didn't work over 7hrs a day. (i got paid for all the hours i worked and orientation.... i keep it written down.)

@johney: we had 350+ stops and a bunch of them were business. And I dont switch drivers during the day.

Johney

Yea well my check from the first week has .23 overtime and i didn't work over 7hrs a day. (i got paid for all the hours i worked and orientation.... i keep it written down.)

@johney: we had 350+ stops and a bunch of them were business. And I dont switch drivers during the day.
That's a lot of stops. .23 hours of o/t is just shy of 15 mins.in case you didn't know so it appears you don't get o/t for over 8, but after 40.I assume by first check you included the 10+ day you did with the driver.

DTAHONDA

First check was for the 1st work week (4 days) and i got it the week after, like normal.

i worked 32hrs last week, and ill get that check this week