Driver helper OT?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DTAHONDA, Nov 11, 2011.

DTAHONDA New Member

On Wednesday i worked 10 1/2 hrs as a driver helper and im wondering if i get overtime after 8hrs?

I asked the driver i was with yesterday, and he said they get ot after 8.

2. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

No O/T after 8,over 40 yes. At least here.Did you work with one driver 10 & 1/2 hours? If so then that guy must have had a HUGE dispatch. If you worked with multiple drivers than don't plan on getting paid for your travel time between drivers.
  3. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Unless you were me when I was a helper. I got paid for every penny.
  4. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

as i understood it, you get overtime after 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours in a week

pretty sure it's a law or something..
  5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Helpers get paid OT after 40 hrs. We get paid OT after 8 because we are in the union and fall under the contract the says we get paid OT after 8.
  6. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

just do the best you can . Be glad you did that much happy holidays im glad you got on its a start/

DTAHONDA New Member

Yea well my check from the first week has .23 overtime and i didn't work over 7hrs a day. (i got paid for all the hours i worked and orientation.... i keep it written down.)

@johney: we had 350+ stops and a bunch of them were business. And I dont switch drivers during the day.
  8. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

In my country, we get overtime after 8, lol
  9. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

That's a lot of stops. .23 hours of o/t is just shy of 15 case you didn't know so it appears you don't get o/t for over 8, but after 40.I assume by first check you included the 10+ day you did with the driver.

DTAHONDA New Member

First check was for the 1st work week (4 days) and i got it the week after, like normal.

i worked 32hrs last week, and ill get that check this week