Driver Helper Questions

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Maybe I am just having a bad week but it does seem to be getting worse everyday.
These idiots have no idea how nuttz its going to be compared to last peak. Going to be absolutely crazy. Their talking bout E-commerce business being up like 25 percent from last peak and who knows if its going to be way higher than that or not and the fact that they have all these new drivers on who they decided to put on 2 weeks before peak. Going to be hell that's for sure but you know what, whatever dude I aint sweating it. If the work gets done that day it does and if it don't, I don't give a phuq, theres always tomorrow lol.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
That's everyday in this place lol.
Biggest shipper during Xmas should be fine tuned into a the best time of year to boost the stock so corporate can bask in its glory on the backs of management and the workhorses that make this happen PACKAGE DRIVERS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I envy you guys that live in places where helpers are paid reasonably. I've been part time preload for a few years now and this is my fourth week helping this peak. Right now I'm getting about 5-7 helper hours a day, at 8.50/hr until OT kicks in, and even then it's less than my hourly inside rate. The only way to make this helper crap worthwhile (here) is to rake in the hours. Peak is already killing me this year and it isn't even December.

Oh well, at least it's Friday.
What????? You're making less than a starting union wage? The whole idea of using preload to double as helpers is to lure us with the incentive of paying us more than seasonals. We make 12.75/hr for a helper shift...seasonals only make 8/hr.
Check with your steward...make sure they're not screwing you....that doesn't sound right.

NickyNik

What????? You're making less than a starting union wage? The whole idea of using preload to double as helpers is to lure us with the incentive of paying us more than seasonals. We make 12.75/hr for a helper shift...seasonals only make 8/hr.
Check with your steward...make sure they're not screwing you....that doesn't sound right.

Nope, same here. $8.50. I skipped it and decided to wait and see about double shifting instead.

bowflex

Helpers at my hub make 11.50hr. How do I know? The had me as a helper one day and that's what I got paid. As a reg temp driver on my old hub this never happened and I was told before I went out that my pay wouldn't change. Reg temps get 24.50 here. If it happens again at least I will be able to spend the holidays with my family.

novadriver

These idiots have no idea how nuttz its going to be compared to last peak. Going to be absolutely crazy. Their talking bout E-commerce business being up like 25 percent from last peak and who knows if its going to be way higher than that or not and the fact that they have all these new drivers on who they decided to put on 2 weeks before peak. Going to be hell that's for sure but you know what, whatever dude I aint sweating it. If the work gets done that day it does and if it don't, I don't give a phuq, theres always tomorrow lol.
I got crushed today.. bricked out truck, didnt clock out till 945... got my peak cherry popped... i couldnt even get in the truck to find anything it was so buried in junk... i threw it out on the street an repiled it in back in order... first time ive had a truck that bricked..

novadriver

I got crushed today.. bricked out truck, didnt clock out till 945... got my peak cherry popped... i couldnt even get in the truck to find anything it was so buried in junk... i threw it out on the street an repiled it in back in order... first time ive had a truck that bricked..
went over 12hrs because the sup decided to be an ass an send me help at 8pm when i had 8 stops left.. so i played back

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Hang in there...

novadriver

Good job, your learning how to kick fools in the nuttz deep into the night if you have to. It sux but wont suck on your check next week brother lol.
soup said im not taking this job seriously with the (bs) time allowed, and i always come in late at night.... i scratched this route yesterday so it must of been a screwed up load huh...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
soup said im not taking this job seriously with the (bs) time allowed, and i always come in late at night.... i scratched this route yesterday so it must of been a screwed up load huh...
Supe can kiss your ballsack, they know the numbers are fake and are used against the driver not for the driver lol.