Driver helper tips?

Travwise

You could also utilize the search button, helper horror stories have been discussed at great length here. BC is an encyclopedia of what NOT to do. Good luck to you!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Got a call for driver helper any PC drivers got some tips to help with the load?

Sent using Morse code
You have nothing to do with the load. Bring your running shoes youngblood and don't sandbag it or your driver may leave you in the ghetto for mommy to pick you up. Do what the driver tells you and don't be a :censored2:bag and you will have a good peak.

ManInBrown

When the Driver says the yellow house and points to it. Don't bring the package to the blue house on the other side of the street.

Ears Open and listen. We don't have time to hold your hand

Ears open and listen. We don't have time to hold your hand

EARS OPEN AND LISTEN

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just listen and be able to carry a conversation

Not for me. I have a sit down and shut up kind of agreement with my helpers. If I talk to you, then you may speak back to me. I don't want to hear your life story, or your trials and tribulations. I just DON'T care.

My first year I had this guy who wouldn't shut up and kept complaining about apartments because they had 4 flights lol. One day he didn't show at our agreed upon time, and when he called me (late) I told him he had the day off, I didn't need him that day. My OMS called and asked what happened, I told them and said i could get it done faster without him, which I proved.

Be quick and don't complain are my tips. If someone offers $$ or cookies or favors, they are for the driver, unless he chooses to share his rewards with you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Be honest and tell the driver it isn't what you expected and you won't be back tomorrow. Dont leave him without a helper because you didn't have the spine to let him know beforehand you won't be back.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Be early. If I say 12:00, be ready to go before then. If you are late, I will be gone. I give my helper five minutes before I roll. My truck is a drama free zone. I don't care about your personal trials and tribulations and I won't bore you with mine. We have a lot of work to do so I have to be completely focused on the task at hand. We will work safely. You get hurt it is my butt on the line and your season will be over. Most importantly, be ready to work hard. This is not an easy job but if we work smart, we will get through it.