Driver Helper Wage Change???

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by slater929, Oct 13, 2013.

1. 1000RR

1000RR Member

I believe I read somewhere in the contract that the wage for driver helpers is 80% of the starting wage for full time drivers. In this case it would be $12.88. I can't remember if I read it in the master or my local rider. I did driver helper last year and the rate was $12.88. My question is since the new rate once this contract goes into effect for drivers starting progression is $18.75 would that bump driver helpers pay rate to $15 since $15 is 80% of $18.75?

2. Buy some new glasses!

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

We should go on strike so that our driver helpers get top package care rate.

4. Im striking for. AC.LOL and a ipod and cell phone charger!

5. HubBub

HubBub Active Member

You're more likely to win the lotto than get an accurate answer on this forum. Then you wouldn't have to worry about helper pay.

6. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Nope, still crappy !

7. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

You won't have to worry this peak. The new contract won't go into effect until Christmas 2014.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

And health care starting from day one with no co-pays or deductibles.

9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

AC will be available in about a month lol

10. bleedinbrown58

are you a PTer or just a seasonal helper? I know under my local supplement....PTer helper pay for peak is 19.13/hr (ot)....12.75 straight time but you go out as a helper after preload, you're already on ot. But the seasonal helpers are paid $8/hr.

11. cynic

cynic New Member

Wages for the hard work like that are part of the reason why people are not incented to get off unemployment.

12. bleedinbrown58

Maybe, but walmart and mcdonalds are hiring lol....

13. 1000RR

1000RR Member

I'm part time, been with the company for 6 years and some change as a loader on the Twilight shift. I did help last year and got the $12.88. I am kind of reluctant to do it again this year because I already make well over $12.88 inside the hub and they like to bounce the helpers around here, (drive 30 miles away just to work for 1-2 hours). Was just wondering if there was any language in the next contract that I might have missed. Thanks to all that gave a serious answer.

14. bleedinbrown58

read your supplement...

15. cynic

cynic New Member

We've got Amazon hiring in Texas - I've heard their starting wages are $12+/hr. Going to explore that urban myth and will get back on that...

16. bleedinbrown58

Hey mcdonalds starts at 10/hr by me, or so the sign claims lol

17. bleedingbrown58..do you expect us to believe this story? ..........................................................................................................................Sincerely ive

18. bleedinbrown58

lmao....nice work Silk!! I will send you a pic of the sign the next time I stop there....lol

19. cynic

cynic New Member

LMAO wow it's getting late - that made me do a triple-take, I was like, WTH?!?!?! I need that!! :)

20. cynic.........im am truly sorry for you misunderstanding my understanding of this misunderstanding!......................................................................................Sincerely IVE