Driver Helper

evilleace

Alright I want to jump with a driver during peak but I won't be able to do it in the mornings at all because of my schedule I wouldn't be able to start until about 1 is this a problem or could they still use me. Also I was wondering what they get paid someone in my center said around$14.00 an hour I was wondering if this was accurate or not thanks.

over9five

Staff member
Yes, they could still use you. Many routes do businesses in the morning where the driver does not need a helper.

These routes would need a helper later in the day doing housecalls.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Also I was wondering what they get paid someone in my center said around$14.00 an hour I was wondering if this was accurate or not.

This isn't accurate around here, Helpers hired off the street got $8.50 last Peak Season. Sometimes we used Preloaders, I would think that they were paid better.

cgrant55

I made 11.82 last year as a driver helper. but yes they can still use you, about half the time I worked in the evenings anyway.

drewed

Shankman
inside hires are supposed to be paid more, the contract states if you work a different higher paid job classification you get the higher pay...
but it depends....
last year we got out of that by have the helpers work an hour seperating job functions