Driver hiring frenzy causing more work!

mmmbrownies

Our center seems to be training new hires differently.

These drivers are running training routes with 100+ stops but with no pickups, when the same route normally has 30+ pickups.

I think they are just setting these guys up. Showing them an unrealistic part of the job.

I started with the whole route day one. Maybe not full resi's but all businesses and all pickups.

If they're being trained for peak, pickups don't matter. As a cover/split driver that did 300+ stops most days last peak, there was no way for me to even think about doing pick ups.

If they make it through peak, they can learn how to manage pickups in the off season.

fres431

Ups contracted 3 retired ups feeder drivers last peak..they were tired of 3rd party subcontractors running late with hot loads. From what I was told by retired feeder they were tapping both retiree benefits and pay for hauls

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dragon

Package Center Manager
As of today, $3240 plus $ for any pt years.

Your statement brings up an interesting thought.

When anybody on this UPS site talks about the amount of their monthly retirement they never seem to mention their 401K or stocks (if they are drawing on them). Anybody care to share if they are doing so?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If they're being trained for peak, pickups don't matter. As a cover/split driver that did 300+ stops most days last peak, there was no way for me to even think about doing pick ups.

If they make it through peak, they can learn how to manage pickups in the off season.
My first peak as a temp driver, and was only driving for 6 months, I got thrown right into the fire with close to 300 everyday and a couple days with over 300. Would love to see some of these newbies even attempt that many stops lmfao.

salt

Got to love people not giving a :censored2: about a new person. Why don't you try and be proactive with them since it might make your job easier in the long or short run. Or keep doing nothing and have to put up with more work till one lucky person makes it through the 30 day period. Just because they haven't seen it all don't mean they are dog :censored2:.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Got to love people not giving a :censored2: about a new person. Why don't you try and be proactive with them since it might make your job easier in the long or short run. Or keep doing nothing and have to put up with more work till one lucky person makes it through the 30 day period. Just because they haven't seen it all don't mean they are dog :censored2:.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's just how it is in the 'Nam.

Future

Victory Ride
Ups contracted 3 retired ups feeder drivers last peak..they were tired of 3rd party subcontractors running late with hot loads. From what I was told by retired feeder they were tapping both retiree benefits and pay for hauls

Sent using BrownCafe App
Something very wrong with using the phrase hot loads and the word tapping so close together.Hope INDECISION doesnt read this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ups contracted 3 retired ups feeder drivers last peak..they were tired of 3rd party subcontractors running late with hot loads. From what I was told by retired feeder they were tapping both retiree benefits and pay for hauls.

That would be against the rules of our pension fund and would set an unwanted precedent regarding working during retirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When anybody on this UPS site talks about the amount of their monthly retirement they never seem to mention their 401K or stocks (if they are drawing on them). Anybody care to share if they are doing so?

While I still have 5 years before retirement, my plan is to leave my 401k alone until I am forced to start taking withdrawals (70 1/2) and to live off of my pension ($5K/month). I also plan to delay taking SS until I am at least 67.

upschuck

I don't believe I have ever seen a management person talk about their retirement package. Would you care to enlighten us on it?