Driver Hits My BF's Truck in Parking Lot...Should he be blamed

W

westsideworma

I still don't see how management can claim this HWP accident as avoidable.

Give me ANY method this UPS driver could have used to park his package car... and I'll show you how that woman, driving her car with no visibility, would still hit a car while parked. You can't cure stupidity!

He punched in, he should have expected the unexpected and burned a sick day, next time maybe he'll check his crystal ball before work (at least one hour before) and know that some awful driver is going to hit him and call in ;-)

T

talkingtalking01

Well it looks like he could not fight it like some of you said. Either it was the division manager or district manager over safety came to ride with him while he was delivering. I guess sending him out would "butter him up". As he was delivering he parked in an illegal spot and the manager saw that he could not park anywhere else and was totally fine with it yet he was the one who agreed with other managers that his accident was his fault. After work was over he RTS "Refused to Sign" his "Safety Training" sheet the manager handed him.

oldngray

nowhere special
if your boyfriend got trained with a supervisor on that route and he parked in the same place then you can fight it. We had a driver in the same situation supervisor told him park here you will okay, 2 weeks later a car hit his truck, we fought and they did not charge him with a accident. Good luck

We had a driver who parked in his designated spot outside a mall and even put cones around his truck. He was hit while parked. He got charged because the word from was above every accident is avoidable. He protested it and got it thrown out but that is just an example of their policies.

brownIEman

Well it looks like he could not fight it like some of you said. Either it was the division manager or district manager over safety came to ride with him while he was delivering. I guess sending him out would "butter him up". As he was delivering he parked in an illegal spot and the manager saw that he could not park anywhere else and was totally fine with it yet he was the one who agreed with other managers that his accident was his fault. After work was over he RTS "Refused to Sign" his "Safety Training" sheet the manager handed him.

I know no one here is listening, but I am going to keep trying. Avoidable does not equal fault. saying the accident was avoidable does not equate to saying it was his fault.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know no one here is listening, but I am going to keep trying. Avoidable does not equal fault. saying the accident was avoidable does not equate to saying it was his fault.

Effectively its the same. You are charged with an accident that goes against your UPS driving record. It has nothing to do with a traffic citation because this is UPS and not the real world.

T

talkingtalking01

Effectively its the same. You are charged with an accident that goes against your UPS driving record. It has nothing to do with a traffic citation because this is UPS and not the real world.

I agree. Don't stop (me) from trying to move up within in a company for a year if it isn't my fault.

oldngray

nowhere special
Are we talking legal games with semantics to protect UPS from outside lawsuits if a driver is found at fault ? It that is an issue don't charge drivers with avoidable accidents and then claim its not their fault.

John19841

It's really simple when you think about it....

If it was 'avoidable' and you didn't avoid it, then effectively it's your fault for not avoiding it...

Not saying it isn't complete BS, and definitely not saying I agree with UPS on this, 'cuz I don't. Stop scrutinizing us for every little thing. If someone hits my vehicle while parked, it's their fault. Parked legally, illegally, doesn't matter It's a big friend'n brown truck, it's their fault for not using their eyes.