Driver in trouble ....need help!

BigAB

Long story short I was in a bar fight. I tried to break it up, beer bottles were thrown. I got an assault charge with a weapon because they said I threw a bottle. I've taken all legal precautions. My question is, if I get a felony charge will that affect me as a driver. Another driver said that I may become un-bonded due to the felony and therefore wouldn't be able to drive.?I've been a driver for 10yrs and am just trying to be prepared. Thanks for the help.

It`s not driving related......so no? Just a guess. I`ve worked with guys that have gotten in a pinch and as long as it wasn`t driving related and they could show up for work they were non issues.

Learn from this.

BigAB

Thanks cachsux. He said that a felony charge may make it so that I wouldn't be able to be bonded and would not be insured through the ups. Have you had any issues with drivers becoming un-bonded. Does anyone know if there is a ups HR number that I would be able to find out forsure. I've called union hall and searched online but haven't had any luck with anyone knowing about being bonded. Thanks again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do not call UPS HR just yet. If this is your first brush with the law and there were no injuries and/or damage your lawyer may able to get the charges downgraded. Good luck.

ups1990

Although you've been charged with felony, the fact remains that the DA has to prove that you in fact was the person throwing the bottle. My guess is that if this was a recent event that you'll probably have a court date early next year. With peak out of the way, getting days off shouldn't be a problem.

Stay out of bars because like to fight guy is always there. That 21 year old that is all liquored up and ready to go and he's looking for a reason and another male to prove his manhood.

Stay under the radar for the month and see how things play out.

texan

Maybe you shouldn't have put yourself in a situation where there could have been a bar fight....just a thought
I disagree. Even if you frequent a "bar" once every three months, there is always some drunk childish
person there.
No matter how nice the place, there is no screening at the door for those who love to get drunk and cause
trouble.

:sad-little: