Driver is lucky to be alive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nope. Whenever I cover rural routes I find myself grabbing the diad after a long drive. Get talkin to the next day about recording in travel. All it takes is wheels in motion.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You can look at the diad all you want. This has been confirmed by many management personnel.

It is not encouraged and you will be told not to do it. However it does not show up on the telematics report.

What happens on most record in travel is someone forgets to stop complete at the stop. Takes off driving picks up diad and then hits stop complete so they can view edd. This is a record in travel.

Brownslave688

I wonder if UPS approves of these pictures, taken on company property, of a severely wrecked package car, being posted on the internet by an employee?
I'm guessing probably not?
Yeah the pictures I could post of totaled package cars would get tons of views but I'd never post them. Certainly not with car number and liscense plate clearly visible.

Simply not true. U have to scan something for it to be recording in travel.
Actually there is something management can pull from your truck that shows if you had your board in your hand at the time of the accident. They have to pull it before the truck crosses the threshold point of the building.

Johney

Actually there is something management can pull from your truck that shows if you had your board in your hand at the time of the accident. They have to pull it before the truck crosses the threshold point of the building.
I know of several guys who keep the DIAD in their pouch all day,never putting it in the holder till the EOD yet never hear anything.

Brownslave688

There's simply no way to know this. My board could be in the cup holder in the back or on the dash for all they know.

Plus there's no sensor or anything in the bottom of the diad slot. Many drivers throw a few napkins in the bottom if the diad slot. Never a word said to them.

oldngray

nowhere special
There's simply no way to know this. My board could be in the cup holder in the back or on the dash for all they know.

Plus there's no sensor or anything in the bottom of the diad slot. Many drivers throw a few napkins in the bottom if the diad slot. Never a word said to them.

When the DIAD slot was a DIVA then it mattered whether it was in the slot. With everything built into the newer DIADS the slot is just a dumb holder.

Johney

Some of us are proud of what we have. Others need to fluff to impress the ladies on route. Either way, wait till you get there.
Gotcha. I'm married and wife is hot so this doesn't apply to myself(ladies on route). So I guess no fluffing needed.

32F driver

I wonder if UPS approves of these pictures, taken on company property, of a severely wrecked package car, being posted on the internet by an employee?
I'm guessing probably not?
An unknown feeder driver rolled his tractor/trailer in the predawn hours. The mangled rig was brought to our yard. Tractor in a corner in front & trailer behind the building. We were told about the sketchy info they had. Go out & look if you want, but DO NOT take any pictures. If caught, you WILL be fired. This was all in the AM, before work. When I returned to the building in the evening, both units were completely tarped. UPS doesn't play when it comes to negative exposure.

I was a little confused they were going to put that in with the telematics but they never installed it. It was supposed to be installed at a later time and they never did install you are correct. There is a way for an IT guy that would work for UPS to know if that board is on during an accident though I did check on that and that is for sure.

barnyard

KTM rider
I only carry my diad in the pouch on my belt, don't know that I have ever used the holder and I have never been spoken to about it.