Driver laid off ... Inside Pay

T

Turdferguson

Last summer one of our locals centers was told to hire 15 drivers. Only 3 people from inside wanted to do it. They tried to hire 10 off the street. Only 8 people applied I think and three more quit in the first week.

They laid everyone off at the beginning of the year and most of the remainders quit. I think 2-3 guys are still there.

Do you think it may have something to,do with you why they can't keep new hires?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you think it may have something to,do with you why they can't keep new hires?
94EC025A-E8A0-487F-996A-7E62A5D39718.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That depends last years peak was easier than the rest if the year.

I'm very interested to see this year.
Our peak plans look about the same driver number wise as last year. The difference is we are starting to train them now. First two came through the pipe a few weeks ago (one actually got a FT Permanent bid), another one started last week, and now we are getting a new guy or two starting every week for the next month.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In our local, drivers once made their part-time inside rates when bumped into the building. However that was changed and drivers now make their driver rate. May have been grieved (this was around 2010). I don't know if that is only top-rate FT drivers or all drivers, though.