Driver "methods" regarding SDN, HV, etc. (Off Topic Welcome)

Orion inc.

I like turtles
High Value or High Risk Control log. Some high risk packages we would have to treat like high value. Most of them would be narcotics
theyve been doing that with ALL the medications lately. Apparently theft and recents busts by LP in some areas have required them to make this happen. Certain shippers that ship medical have been told from my understanding that they have to make it SR.

Like when they control the IPhone packages too.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Sounds you like need some Access Points. :)

We have access points. We aren't allowed to direct ANYTHING HV or marked as such. Apparently they were having serious theft issues.

Who would of thought that being they chose the worst shady 24 hour stores for AP.

Why they didn't partner with 7-11 or Wal-mart and install the automatic storage lockers in front like they do in Europe. Ups just bought a company over there that has that type of storage locker networks

Only those $5K or over or packages that obviously look to be HV, such as electronics.
If you go back to when I started. Anything 1k or more got pulled and given to the clerk. They would put a signature required sticker on it. When it got to the destination center the driver had to sign a lot that he physically has that package. Then the customer had it sign that they received it

They are such a small percentage of our overall volume but some of our highest claims.

like I said before, UPS could easily address this issue.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We get messages for HVs under 5k. They track them and send a message to make sure to get a signature as an uncontrolled HV.

I'm sure their is a report somewhere that shows all tracking numbers with a designated HV under 5k. Maybe @FrigidFTSup would know.

I get at least two messages a day with the address, track number and to obtain a signature
Only high values $5,000 and over are entered in i-Gate. There are other reasons why a package would be entered in this system such as firearms or meds, but high values below $5000 are treated as any other package once brought to the supervisor. I don't know of any report where you could find any high values below 5000, but I wouldn't doubt it exists.

Only high values $5,000 and over are entered in i-Gate. There are other reasons why a package would be entered in this system such as firearms or meds, but high values below $5000 are treated as any other package once brought to the supervisor. I don't know of any report where you could find any high values below 5000, but I wouldn't doubt it exists.
I've gotten several messages that you driver released a $1500 package yesterday and you didn't get a signature.

Can you please go back and get one today ?

No joke.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've gotten several messages that you driver released a $1500 package yesterday and you didn't get a signature.

Can you please go back and get one today ?

No joke.

Yeah....no.....

You guys will love this one. I have a pickup at the mailroom on our local campus. They are usually gone by the time I get there but I have the key. Anyway, I pick up what appears to be a mobile display used at conferences packed in a hard plastic container. I thought nothing of it, loaded it and went on my way. The next day they were there and asked me to sign a high value sheet ($15K) for that same package. I politely refused to sign their sheet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Other than the HV report printed during the end of day there is no other report.

Yeah....no.....

You guys will love this one. I have a pickup at the mailroom on our local campus. They are usually gone by the time I get there but I have the key. Anyway, I pick up what appears to be a mobile display used at conferences packed in a hard plastic container. I thought nothing of it, loaded it and went on my way. The next day they were there and asked me to sign a high value sheet ($15K) for that same package. I politely refused to sign their sheet.
What did they say when you said no?

Orion inc.

I like turtles

I'm sure quantum view in world ship shows that information.

They are constantly adding reports and options. I have one customer who is obsessed with quatium view and says they an see a lot on there etc.