Driver Nicknames

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ham Bone, Marky Mark, Sneaker Peeper, Crash, Brother John, Downtown Brown, Goth Girl, Stoney, and Mayonaise come to mind. One Center in my building had special ball caps made up with their nicknames embroidered on the back.

S

serenity now

Ham Bone, Marky Mark, Sneaker Peeper, Crash, Brother John, Downtown Brown, Goth Girl, Stoney, and Mayonaise come to mind. One Center in my building had special ball caps made up with their nicknames embroidered on the back.

love it

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Crash, Dash, Flash, Amish Dan, Slomez (last name Gomez.......terribly slow), Fast eddie, sniper, slinger (for his reputation with women)

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
GoldenBoy, Piece of Schmitt, Smitty, Blue, SpeedingTicket, Slappy, Cashflow (100K guy), Hutch, Neversmore, Glasses, Gretabuttsweata.

peacock

No one from my center is apparently on this thread. We got one guy who received the nickname "Ciderella" (which stuck) from his loader for bitching all the time. I have the same loader and they do a great job with my truck. Let's see, Dog, Bro, Boxy Brown, Mullet man, Chip, Rocky, D bag, and I get called "Damn it" by my steward. "Damnit, what did you do now?" We also have 4 Dan's- Crazy Dan, Angry Dan, Dan the Man and Dan-Dan.

DS

Fenderbender
This thread is hilarious.We however don't use nicknames except for Primo.
Funny thing is,long after a veteran driver gets injured or whatever,
their area referred to as "insert last name",s area.
We have a driver returning from a back injury after almost 2 years,
It's still his area.I hope he can handle doing 110 stops instead of 75.
And be back and punched out by 19:00.Good luck Bruno.

peacock

Zagsfan...you a "Gonzaga" fan? If so, I'm with you!! If not, nevermind... but it is nice to see Stockton's son running for them. HUGE John Stockton fan, so seeing David looking like his dad takes me back. Go ZAGS!!!

U

uber

Zagsfan...you a "Gonzaga" fan? If so, I'm with you!! If not, nevermind... but it is nice to see Stockton's son running for them. HUGE John Stockton fan, so seeing David looking like his dad takes me back. Go ZAGS!!!

Huge Zags fan.

Cementups

Box Monkey
When I first start driving the driver who trained me (because we did that back then) called me Cementhead. 17 years later a decent amount of people still call me that but most of them are from the other center in our building since I switched centers about 10 years ago. Once in a blue moon one of my current customers will get wind of my nickname and call me that but it hardly ever sticks.

Also, this is where my name Cementups comes from. My old name back when I was on AOL was Cementhed but then I switched AOL accounts and they wouldn't allow me to change my name so I came up with Cementups.

We have a ton of other nicknames for other drivers and lucky for me I am one of the guys who ends up naming a few of them.
We have a driver we call Water Nut because a few years ago he went to the doctor and found out he had water in his ball sac and had to have a it drained. He also goes by Juice since his last name is Julius.
One poor fellow obviously doesn't take advantage of our dental package and he gets a new name every week. Sabertooth, Jack o'Lantern, One tooth.
Many more, just drawing a blank at 2am

S

serenity now

we had one driver who was given several different nicknames by his customers

he was very stoic and certainly not user friendly
his standard MO was to walk in, put down the package, extend the diad toward the nearest person available; all of this without saying a word and then stare at them through mirror shades until they signed

nicknames included : smiley, mr. personality, gigolo, and Cobra (mirror shades)

Leftinbuilding

we had one driver who was given several different nicknames by his customers

he was very stoic and certainly not user friendly
his standard MO was to walk in, put down the package, extend the diad toward the nearest person available; all of this without saying a word and then stare at them through mirror shades until they signed

nicknames included : smiley, mr. personality, gigolo, and Cobra (mirror shades)

We had a guy with the same nicknames and for the same reason. But he was that way with everyone, not just the customers.