Driver or Mechanic?

trickpony1

we had a mechanic that got fired because he refused a direct order NOT to tag a tractor. not sure of the details but he's still out.

also, drivers write up safety issues on a tractor and then the dvir book disapears.

after that happened to me i started making photo copies of my copy.

cya.

I would think the DOT, as well as OSHA, would be interested in this after, of course, the "union procedure" was exhausted.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I may have revised prices. Don't remember exactly since I'm not the one paying. It's all nasty and the reman GMs are sketchy quality.

UPSmechanicinblue

If they are willing to let us and pay the overtime. Lots of engine swaps are getting farmed out to OSS and doing sub-par work. I always have to look them over when they return them. A full VT swap takes me 3 full days.
Have you guys tried ending the farming out? Center in our area a mechanic threatened a grievance that UPS would pay him for every hour spent on that car if sent out. He stuck to this and now had another mechanic hired on. My center only thing that goes to the dealer is warranty work. All is done in house-sometimes send a car to another center to help catch up.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Have you guys tried ending the farming out? Center in our area a mechanic threatened a grievance that UPS would pay him for every hour spent on that car if sent out. He stuck to this and now had another mechanic hired on. My center only thing that goes to the dealer is warranty work. All is done in house-sometimes send a car to another center to help catch up.
We tried sending stuff over to another center, but that didn't work out. More people need to be hired to meet their expectations.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I installed a Reviva VT it lasted about a month before it road called, apparently an injector wasn't tightened and backed out.

If we send out work we have to be getting OT.

Gear

Parts on Order
I see your problem. Of course some independents are pretty good and will do a quality job to keep UPS business.

You would think so, but UPS wants a special discount on the hourly rate. They get the cheaper labor rate which includes a crappy finished job. You get what you pay for. You cant expect a bodyshop or mechanic shop to give you 100% if your paying 40 and hour.