Driver qualifications.

theoldguy

Hello everyone.
I live in California. My question is: How many points on my driving record is too many to become a package car driver? Is this in the contract, or just ups policy?

theoldguy

Ha! Ok. I didnt word that question very well. How clean does my driving record have to be to start package car driving? Is there a certain number of points that will disqualify me? I work in California.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think the job description at upsjobs.com would have this information. If not, there should be a point of contact on that site--I would contact that person, either by phone or e-mail.

theoldguy

On upsjobs.com it says that you only need a valid drivers license in that state. I always thought there was more to it than that. Anyone else have any info on this? thanks.

rocket man

Hello everyone.
I live in California. My question is: How many points on my driving record is too many to become a package car driver? Is this in the contract, or just ups policy?[/QUOTE dont worry about points just sign and drive you should be a driver in 2 weeks max Order YOUR SOCKS NOW DONT DELAY. THIS OFFER VOID IN ALASKA . YOU dont have to worry about ups socks there. get ready califorina a new driver is coming on board yea whoopie go get em :biting:

NHDRVR

Hello everyone.
I live in California. My question is: How many points on my driving record is too many to become a package car driver? Is this in the contract, or just ups policy?

We needed a clean record for a year and no more than 3 moving violations prior to that. At least I think that's what it was... With every package I deliver a brain cell dies...

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
No (none!) moving violations in the last 12 months. No serious violations in the last three years. Serious violations are DWI, DUI, wreckless driving, etc.

It's a fact!

rod

Retired 22 years
As with everything at UPS it all depends on who you know. I've yet to hear of any one rule at UPS that is carved in granite and is enforced equally at every center nation wide. If they needed drivers right this minute they would bend the rules.