Driver qualifications.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by theoldguy, Jun 10, 2010.

1. theoldguy

theoldguy New Member

Hello everyone.
    I live in California. My question is: How many points on my driving record is too many to become a package car driver? Is this in the contract, or just ups policy?
  2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

3. theoldguy

theoldguy New Member

Ha! Ok. I didnt word that question very well. How clean does my driving record have to be to start package car driving? Is there a certain number of points that will disqualify me? I work in California.
  4. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Have you asked your boss or your steward?
  5. theoldguy

theoldguy New Member

No not yet. I might be good. I didnt want to bring it up until I go to dmv and check. Thought I would ask here. Anyone know?
  6. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

It used to be had to be clean for 3 years of all moving violations, not sure if that still true.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would think the job description at would have this information. If not, there should be a point of contact on that site--I would contact that person, either by phone or e-mail.
  8. theoldguy

theoldguy New Member

On it says that you only need a valid drivers license in that state. I always thought there was more to it than that. Anyone else have any info on this? thanks.
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You need one year of no infractions and I believe no more than 2 in the last three years.
  10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

11. NHDRVR

NHDRVR New Member

We needed a clean record for a year and no more than 3 moving violations prior to that. At least I think that's what it was... With every package I deliver a brain cell dies...
  12. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

No (none!) moving violations in the last 12 months. No serious violations in the last three years. Serious violations are DWI, DUI, wreckless driving, etc.

It's a fact!
  13. DS

DS Fenderbender

14. browned out

browned out Active Member

Speeding tickets are a plus as is littering cause UPS thinks you can speed down the street and fire the packages out the door.
  15. rod

rod retired and happy

As with everything at UPS it all depends on who you know. I've yet to hear of any one rule at UPS that is carved in granite and is enforced equally at every center nation wide. If they needed drivers right this minute they would bend the rules.
  16. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

In this area it has been 2 infractions or less in 3 years.