Driver raise question

UPSGUY72

Nope you are. The free period is only for seasonal hire.

You good sir, wrong.

That's not what you said "There's no free period in the western region, I believe" . There is a free period.

The language in the contract doesn't specific say what happen to PT promoted to FT during the Free period. It says "Any full-time employee hired prior to October 1st of any year shall continue to accrue seniority during this seasonal period in accordance with the seniority provision of this agreement". This vague language leave open the possibility that they could be denied your seniority.

U

uber

That's not what you said "There's no free period in the western region, I believe" . There is a free period.

The language in the contract doesn't specific say what happen to PT promoted to FT during the Free period. It says "Any full-time employee hired prior to October 1st of any year shall continue to accrue seniority during this seasonal period in accordance with the seniority provision of this agreement". This vague language leave open the possibility that they could be denied your seniority.

I thought it was pretty clear that I'm P/T to friend/T. Free period doesn't exist for non seasonal employees.

U

uber

Just got off the phone with a steward that a buddy gave me a # for. No free period for PT to FT.

UPSGUY72

I thought it was pretty clear that I'm P/T to friend/T. Free period doesn't exist for non seasonal employees.

I'm just stating the facts that the language in the contract is vague and not specific it says nothing about PT promoted during the free period I would suspect this was done for a reason. I understand your not seasonal but you where promoted during the free period if your where promoted on Sept 30 I would say your golden and congrats. I was just trying to tell you wait to see if you get a raise before you do something and shoot yourself in the foot.

barnyard

KTM rider
Just got off the phone with a steward that a buddy gave me a # for. No free period for PT to FT.

See, you could have avoided this whole crapfest by asking a steward instead of people not working under your contract or better yet, keeping a copy of YOUR contract handy. Supplements vary region to region.