Driver release issues

Eman1978

I Driver released a package in an apartment complex that you have to be buzzed in to enter. Now the apartment that I released the box too is saying they did not receive the box. I'm pretty sure we just took some diad training that stated we could drive a release a package in an apartment that was secure. But now one of the supervisors is saying that if the package is not recovered that I would have to pay for it. Am I correct in that if its an apartment building that is secured by lock we can driver release?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
tumblr_n3leoqtssx1tvs3v3o1_500-1.gif
Thought the title of this thread...meant something different..lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I Driver released a package in an apartment complex that you have to be buzzed in to enter. Now the apartment that I released the box too is saying they did not receive the box. I'm pretty sure we just took some diad training that stated we could drive a release a package in an apartment that was secure. But now one of the supervisors is saying that if the package is not recovered that I would have to pay for it. Am I correct in that if its an apartment building that is secured by lock we can driver release?

Sent using BrownCafe App
You're covered. Have a steward with you if they even bring up the fact you might have to pay for it. You followed your training correctly with the little information you've given us thus far.

jalnar

Sent using BrownCafe App
If the pkg is under 100 dollars in value you are not responsible plus they have to prove gross negligence on your part. file a grievence asap if they charge you

Rainman

Its all good.
Sounds like a supervisor getting his kicks intimidating someone. Like the other posters said, you're covered.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
When your sup talks to you again about the claim tell him you followed the directives in the DIAD training. When he asks you which training tell him to get off his lazy arse and go look it up himself. Then tell him not to talk to you about it again unless a steward is present!

barnyard

KTM rider
We have some buildings that you CAN DR, just seems like it is probably not a good idea. Either way, it was a secure building and you followed the DR guidelines. If anything more comes of it, talk to your steward about a grievance.