Driver release

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I deliver to a lot of college housing, the majority of which are unsecured, with very few issues. The only time I get a signature is if the shipper pays for it.

That's insane. The two guys next to me have 90% college housing and nothing gets left without some form of signature. Most are two story subdivided homes with as many as 10 students per house.

I have a difficult time believing you don't handle many follow-ups. College kids on tight budgets are usually prime suspects when stuff goes missing.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
When delivering college apartments we told that IF a person comes to the door get the signature. If no one comes to the door, driver release.
Now why do all these different management teams create their own rules for delivering apartments when the company policy is specific?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
When delivering college apartments we told that IF a person comes to the door get the signature. If no one comes to the door, driver release.
Now why do all these different management teams create their own rules for delivering apartments when the company policy is specific?

My best guess is accuracy of time studies.

Management in centers that have had "favorable" time studies are more likely to do the right thing than those who have had time studies that are "disadvantageous" in other centers.

tourists24

This is the exact reason I deliver by the methods. If management instructs otherwise I ask for it in writing. That never happens so I will not follow those instructions. Nothing has ever become of it, but if it does, their discipline will have to be in writing. I don't mind fighting that

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

They wouldn't put it in writing(I asked for it)but they went on record with the union ba........they told us work as instructed its there company they make the rules no one will be disciplined........then I replied as long as I don't have to do the diad training about dr because that doesn't apply to us....when I said that they walked away from me

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Wow. What some of you drivers do. Since I am responsible for the package and have to pay the cost for a bad DR, I go by Corporate DR procedures. In 24 years, I have never had to pay a claim.

andrsnbkj

What I do is as long as it's secured building I get credit for each separate unit inside the secured building not unless you deliver to a residential assisted living and always deliver to a front desk then that counts as one

rod

Retired 22 years
Work as directed. What difference does it make what the rest of the country is doing??

Eventually, there will be enough stolen packages that you will have to go back to the methods. Until then, you should work as directed.

Yes --- just do what ever they say. Management will stand behind you and admit they told you to go against company policy if a problem develops---right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yesterday, I had 2 buildings, 1 office. I went to both buildings, rang every apartment, left a DR notice by the mailboxes and took the packages to the office. It was 12 stops and took over 20 minutes to do. The office will not sign unless we attempt every apartment. While they may not know, I would hate to burn that bridge and have them refuse to sign for any.

Anyways of those 12 stops, 8 were Amazon. Amazon is demanding lower and lower shipping bills, I wonder if this is going to be the next step for them.
Let them demand all they want.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I deliver to a lot of college housing, the majority of which are unsecured, with very few issues. The only time I get a signature is if the shipper pays for it.

Why does anyone even bother with shipper release? Why are there corporate trainings that require a sig for those exact situations? Seems like if it's a good idea, UPS would see that and fall over themselves to save all that money to speed things up to put out even less routes with more stops per car. Why don't they?