Driver Roster

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Clax777, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Clax777

Clax777 New Member

Is any other center having there Driver Roster posted 5-10 minutes before start time? This is my 2nd year as a full time driver. I was unable to bid because of seniority so I swing drive. It's getting out of control and it affects my day because of the lack of time I have to prepare because the management at my center post there Drier Roster 5-10mintues before start time. What can I do about this problem?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What do you have to prepare for? Grab the DIAD, call tags, DFU's and go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

My old center would do it right before start time, trying to put the people they wanted wherever they wanted them. Other drivers would go ask the Sup's what route they were on and try to figure stuff out. I'd sit there in the office and wait for them to post the disappointing results

4. Just make sure you punch in on time. And the other crap is their problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

The rookies have to enter their stops on Google Maps.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

You laugh but they do that at my center too.

7. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Anymore with our crazy dispatches and misloads, I have resorted to using Google Maps on occasion.

8. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Same thing happens here, and of course it always happens when I'm put on a route I've never run before.
    Just run your airs then stop and plan your day on the clock when you get paid for it.

The first time they posted the list and I planned out my day, only to be moved to a different route 5 minutes before the start time, was the last time I showed up to work early.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. I love when they say you are on your own route.
    Duh...no :censored2:......
    Don't remember any others...lol

10. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I've had that happen before when they cut my route out.... haha

11. UpstateNYUPSer

Our center manager thinks we are all cover drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Clax777-
    They make the decisions, you make the money.

13. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

They try to do that here. Some guys don't mind because their route is worse than the one their being asked to cover.

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

When I first bid my new route back in February, they kept putting me back on my old route when the new driver would be off. After the 4th time I made sure to let them know that I was keeping track how any times I was being pulled off my route to act as a cover driver and a grievance would follow immediately after the 8th time. I also explained to them that I did not bid another route just to be a cover driver on my old route. That's what cover drivers are for. Not senior drivers. I have not run it since.
    I did however let our dispatcher know that I would train cover drivers to run it but to be warned that I would not be doing any work that day and just be pointing from the jump seat on where to go. He said, no problem.

15. They can't pull that crap here. It turns into penalty pay.