Driver senority question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BUCN85, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Ok nobody seems to know the answer to this. Not even our on road sups.

Driver A has been on preload 7 years and has recently become a FT driver for almost a year and half.

Driver B has been on preload 10 years and now wants a driver position. So he signed the sheet. When he gets this will he push driver A out of a spot being he has more total building señority ? Or does señority re-set itself according to position. Would this also follow suit for air drivers
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Has Driver A made his/her seniority or is he/she a casual/cover driver? If he/she has made his/her seniority he/she will have seniority over Driver B.

There are 3 drivers in my center who have more company seniority than me (they all worked on the inside) that I have classification seniority over (I was hired off the street).
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Going from PT to FT is just like starting over again. Go to the back of the line no matter how much PT seniority you may have.
  4. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Yes he has made señority. So if he hadn't driver B could bump him?
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They would both be casuals---casuals don't have seniority---they are used based on area knowledge so, no, B could not bump A.
  6. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

There is building seniority and then driver seniority. Driver A has driver seniority over driver B when Driver B makes his 30 days as a driver he will have the lowest driver seniority.

When route goes out to bid driver A has more seniority then driver B. Driver B can't bump driver A off a route.
  7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Driver A will have more full-time seniority than driver B, UNLESS driver B was already full-time inside employee, then he would jump into seniority order along with the other full-time drivers.
  8. bl04a

bl04a Member

Driver A will be the senior driver because driver A will have been full-time longer than driver B, regardless of driver B being with the company longer.
  9. bklynupser

bklynupser Member

It's company seniority. Doesn't matter full time or part time. I was PT for 3 1/2 yrs. when I went ft I jumped over 15 guys in seniority. Only thing is I have to do 25 full time years to get a full time pension.