Driver senority question

BUCN85

Ok nobody seems to know the answer to this. Not even our on road sups.

Driver A has been on preload 7 years and has recently become a FT driver for almost a year and half.

Driver B has been on preload 10 years and now wants a driver position. So he signed the sheet. When he gets this will he push driver A out of a spot being he has more total building señority ? Or does señority re-set itself according to position. Would this also follow suit for air drivers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has Driver A made his/her seniority or is he/she a casual/cover driver? If he/she has made his/her seniority he/she will have seniority over Driver B.

There are 3 drivers in my center who have more company seniority than me (they all worked on the inside) that I have classification seniority over (I was hired off the street).

UPSGUY72

Ok nobody seems to know the answer to this. Not even our on road sups.

Driver A has been on preload 7 years and has recently become a FT driver for almost a year and half.

Driver B has been on preload 10 years and now wants a driver position. So he signed the sheet. When he gets this will he push driver A out of a spot being he has more total building señority ? Or does señority re-set itself according to position. Would this also follow suit for air drivers

There is building seniority and then driver seniority. Driver A has driver seniority over driver B when Driver B makes his 30 days as a driver he will have the lowest driver seniority.

When route goes out to bid driver A has more seniority then driver B. Driver B can't bump driver A off a route.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Driver A will have more full-time seniority than driver B, UNLESS driver B was already full-time inside employee, then he would jump into seniority order along with the other full-time drivers.

bl04a

Driver A will be the senior driver because driver A will have been full-time longer than driver B, regardless of driver B being with the company longer.

bklynupser

It's company seniority. Doesn't matter full time or part time. I was PT for 3 1/2 yrs. when I went ft I jumped over 15 guys in seniority. Only thing is I have to do 25 full time years to get a full time pension.