Driver shot and robbed.

ups1990

Hope this driver makes a full recovery, never mind getting back on the truck.
So after this driver spent the day dealing with customers, the public, bad drivers and freaking dogs, the driver gets shot outside some apartments. Unbelievable!

clean hairy

Sure hope the Driver makes a full recovery!
Was this the Hood He or She was delivering to?
I am thinking the retired feeder driver might be able to help us with this one.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Sounds like a gang working to me. This story said it was the 3rd UPS driver robbed in the last week, but it was actually the 4th, and throw in a fed-ex driver as well. These have been all on the SE side of Houston, all out of our Stafford center. That isn't considered the worst side of town, in my opinion, but there are areas on that part of Houston that are packed with low income apartments, and I believe they happened there. I had a guy attempt to rob me back around '80. He demanded my jewelry, but he didn't show a weapon, so I just jumped in my PC and drove off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sounds like a gang working to me. This story said it was the 3rd UPS driver robbed in the last week, but it was actually the 4th, and throw in a fed-ex driver as well. These have been all on the SE side of Houston, all out of our Stafford center. That isn't considered the worst side of town, in my opinion, but there are areas on that part of Houston that are packed with low income apartments, and I believe they happened there. I had a guy attempt to rob me back around '80. He demanded my jewelry, but he didn't show a weapon, so I just jumped in my PC and drove off.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438353621.246548.jpg

Tex in 1980
Lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Actually it was my high school ring he wanted, I stopped wearing it after that. I was delivering a split off another driver at the time, it was definately the hood. The driver told me, "I'm going to give you a stop in an apartment complex, but if it's after dark, don't go in there, just NI1 it. lol. thanks.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Back in the 60's in Houston, armed robberies of convenience stores and dry cleaning stores were commonplace. Sometimes the same store would be robbed 2-3 times per week. The answer was the shotgun squads. I don't know of anyone would ride in the back of a package car in the summer with a firearm, but something has to be done. It is escalating here. Now they are shooting employees even if they comply. I say if you have a conceal carry license, you should be allowed to protect yourself. Here is a link to the old shotgun squads. Interesting reading. The bad guys watch the news too.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/22/11936946/

Packmule

It's been localized so far, but I'm guessing that over the next year it will be a nationwide problem, just like Columbine. Never heard of a school being shot up till those two morons planted the thought in everyone's head. Same thing will happen here. Thugs rarely have an original thought.
Arm us. Keep the weapon in hand, safety off when you are in a bad place. When we send a few of these slime balls to the morgue their crap will stop.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I have family and friends that live in around the Houston area. Depending where you live there are some real rough places. From what I hear it's all about what part of the belt you live. Locals will understand that term. Also from what I've been told they have a really high crime rate within the Canadian neighborhoods. Also another local term. Anyway sure am glad to be out in the hills.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have family and friends that live in around the Houston area. Depending where you live there are some real rough places. From what I hear it's all about what part of the belt you live. Locals will understand that term. Also from what I've been told they have a really high crime rate within the Canadian neighborhoods. Also another local term. Anyway sure am glad to be out in the hills.

Didn't Houston's crime rate skyrocket after New Orleans' finest moved there because of Hurricane Katrina?

browntroll

my hub has unarmed security guards with certain routes that dont even look like they can handle a piece a bulk let alone someone
trying to rob the driver, i guess theyre trying to use numbers as a scare tactic. not sure what these guys are expecting to find in random boxes.