Driver shot and robbed.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsman68, Jul 31, 2015.

1. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

2. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Hope this driver makes a full recovery, never mind getting back on the truck.
    So after this driver spent the day dealing with customers, the public, bad drivers and freaking dogs, the driver gets shot outside some apartments. Unbelievable!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Sure hope the Driver makes a full recovery!
    Was this the Hood He or She was delivering to?
    I am thinking the retired feeder driver might be able to help us with this one.

4. SCV good to go sir.

SCV good to go sir. Active Member

Next contract negotiation, we need guns.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  5. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Sounds like a gang working to me. This story said it was the 3rd UPS driver robbed in the last week, but it was actually the 4th, and throw in a fed-ex driver as well. These have been all on the SE side of Houston, all out of our Stafford center. That isn't considered the worst side of town, in my opinion, but there are areas on that part of Houston that are packed with low income apartments, and I believe they happened there. I had a guy attempt to rob me back around '80. He demanded my jewelry, but he didn't show a weapon, so I just jumped in my PC and drove off.

6. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438353621.246548.jpg
    Tex in 1980
    Lol

7. retiredTxfeeder

Actually it was my high school ring he wanted, I stopped wearing it after that. I was delivering a split off another driver at the time, it was definately the hood. The driver told me, "I'm going to give you a stop in an apartment complex, but if it's after dark, don't go in there, just NI1 it. lol. thanks.

8. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Maybe this wouldn't happen if we weren't delivering so damn late in these rough areas.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Yeah because there is no way that could be bad.

I can see the headline now "UPS driver shoots dog in front of customer"

What a tragic event. Prayers go out to the driver. Sickening people can be so cruel to someone who is just doing their job.

10. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Just needs the pansy ass policy overturned.

11. retiredTxfeeder

Back in the 60's in Houston, armed robberies of convenience stores and dry cleaning stores were commonplace. Sometimes the same store would be robbed 2-3 times per week. The answer was the shotgun squads. I don't know of anyone would ride in the back of a package car in the summer with a firearm, but something has to be done. It is escalating here. Now they are shooting employees even if they comply. I say if you have a conceal carry license, you should be allowed to protect yourself. Here is a link to the old shotgun squads. Interesting reading. The bad guys watch the news too.
    http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/22/11936946/

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Gangs copy cat each others who own the streets in hood tactics

13. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

How would ya like to be the cover driver for that route come Monday?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Any word on how badly the Driver was injured?

15. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

It's been localized so far, but I'm guessing that over the next year it will be a nationwide problem, just like Columbine. Never heard of a school being shot up till those two morons planted the thought in everyone's head. Same thing will happen here. Thugs rarely have an original thought.
    Arm us. Keep the weapon in hand, safety off when you are in a bad place. When we send a few of these slime balls to the morgue their crap will stop.

16. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

I have family and friends that live in around the Houston area. Depending where you live there are some real rough places. From what I hear it's all about what part of the belt you live. Locals will understand that term. Also from what I've been told they have a really high crime rate within the Canadian neighborhoods. Also another local term. Anyway sure am glad to be out in the hills.

17. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Didn't Houston's crime rate skyrocket after New Orleans' finest moved there because of Hurricane Katrina?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I think they just locked them up together in the Astrodome and let Darwin take over.

19. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

If only.....

20. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

my hub has unarmed security guards with certain routes that dont even look like they can handle a piece a bulk let alone someone
    trying to rob the driver, i guess theyre trying to use numbers as a scare tactic. not sure what these guys are expecting to find in random boxes.