Driver shot and robbed.

Box Ox

I'd be all for combing multiple ghetto routes into one War Rig.

war-rig-mad-max-fury-road.jpg

Marcell

Hello! Just joined and I saw this thread. I work in the center where the driver was shot and he is ok. This is his first year driving and he's young and healthy. His injuries were minor. One of the bullets entered but luckily his FOB took the hit first and slowed it down. The location where it happened has been designated pick up only for the time being possibly forever. It definitely is one of the worst crime areas in Houston and possibly the whole country.

Marcell

Oh and our center management team was on the scene immediately and until the end. Acting manager went to the hospital with the driver and stayed until he was released.

Marcell

No sir. Sorry can't get behind the bashing of my management team. They care about their drivers and we are blessed to have them. They tote the company line and push the drivers just like every center because that's their job. But we have some true men running our show.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I work in the center where the driver was shot
Hello, Marcell, Welcome to BC. I was a driver from across town, but as a feeder driver, I came to your building almost daily. The news is reporting 4 armed robberies of our PC's and 1 FEDEX driver. Is this an accurate number as far as you know? Have all the robberies been from your building but different centers? In my opinion, these guys are not going to stop till they get caught and seems like they are getting more violent. How do the drivers feel about it?

10 point

I know a lot of you guys hate management, but seriously?
There's a reason for that.

A few yrs ago the company cut out the route that delivered the roughest part of our city in the daylight.
I inherited it that residential work.
12 people were shot, 6 stabbed, and two banks in that area were robbed multiple times within a few months time.
When I got threatened by some thugs after dark I filed an art 18 grievance for them forcing me to deliver that area after dark (all the violence...minus the bank robberies ...were happening after dark).

The division manager came to our building and told me that he was happy to fight my grievance. He also told me that if i defended myself when i got attacked thar he would terminate me because "we are a nonviolent company".

THAT is why there's no respect for management.

The police finally asked our management team to attend a special security meeting and told them that it was crazy to send our drivers into those areas after dark. (They had been following our cars at night to keep drivers safe and the police car had two officers in it for their OWN safety!)

The company would not admit any liability in us drivers being assaulted, robbed, or threatened while servicing the high crime areas after dark...

where they wouldn't drive thru themselves or allow their families to be there either.

We're just a number.

10 point

Hello! Just joined and I saw this thread. I work in the center where the driver was shot and he is ok. This is his first year driving and he's young and healthy. His injuries were minor. One of the bullets entered but luckily his FOB took the hit first and slowed it down. The location where it happened has been designated pick up only for the time being possibly forever. It definitely is one of the worst crime areas in Houston and possibly the whole country.
Designated pick up area.
Wow, that's great.

Whether we deliver or pick up we have to drive there.

"We make $ in pick ups". That's why we make the exception.
What a joke.

10 point

Hello! Just joined and I saw this thread. I work in the center where the driver was shot and he is ok. This is his first year driving and he's young and healthy. His injuries were minor.
He could have been young and dead had they been better shots.
You must be in management.

10 point

I think he meant to say "will call".
I would welcome that post change.
This thread hits close to home.
It takes someone getting shot to change course in proven war zones?
To bad it wasn't during an OJS ride.
If management had to sit in the jump seat while delivering the war zone after dark rather than in their AC'd office watching us on the computer they'd get it figured out.
Oh, I forgot. Most are home by then?

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I find it amazing how some areas are truly like Mayberry and others are like the worst hell holes on earth. In my area the biggest thing that happens is the occasional drug arrest or fender bender.

10 point

There are some really nice and respectful folks living in the worst areas because their neighborhood got bought up by slum lords and they're scared to death too.
It doesn't take many bad apples to make the whole area rotten but when it becomes a majority issue you can bet they will have bloodshed.

clean hairy

There's a reason for that.

A few yrs ago the company cut out the route that delivered the roughest part of our city in the daylight.
I inherited it that residential work.
12 people were shot, 6 stabbed, and two banks in that area were robbed multiple times within a few months time.
When I got threatened by some thugs after dark I filed an art 18 grievance for them forcing me to deliver that area after dark (all the violence...minus the bank robberies ...were happening after dark).

The division manager came to our building and told me that he was happy to fight my grievance. He also told me that if i defended myself when i got attacked thar he would terminate me because "we are a nonviolent company".

THAT is why there's no respect for management.

The police finally asked our management team to attend a special security meeting and told them that it was crazy to send our drivers into those areas after dark. (They had been following our cars at night to keep drivers safe and the police car had two officers in it for their OWN safety!)

The company would not admit any liability in us drivers being assaulted, robbed, or threatened while servicing the high crime areas after dark...

where they wouldn't drive thru themselves or allow their families to be there either.

We're just a number.
I woulda insisted the DM ride with me for a week to experience a part of the city that would make him crap his pants!

10 point

I woulda insisted the DM ride with me for a week to experience a part of the city that would make him crap his pants!
No doubt. I had a ojs ride in the daylight. There was a gang (in colors) of young men walk out in front of my vehicle and just slowly walked down the street holding us up from driving over 3-4 mph.
The supe said "It is getting BAD down here!".
Guess what?
No one cares.
The stock price is all that matters.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
No sir. Sorry can't get behind the bashing of my management team. They care about their drivers and we are blessed to have them. They tote the company line and push the drivers just like every center because that's their job. But we have some true men running our show.
LOL youre not a corporate PR person ....Hardy har har .Sure fooled me..