Driver shot in Brooklyn

drewed

Shankman
Yes, can we say hijack.

Ok im glad i wasnt imagining things...

BO you said in your other thread to base an opinion of character and maturity off of a few posts was in itself a lack of character. Young sir in this thread you have demonstrated you have neither and have a lot of growing up to do, you have 3 threads about your employment possibility at UPS please dont make this another one. And please think about the seriousness of the thread before you try to hijack it.

cino321

I'm hearing all kinds of stuff about this. I heard that there was also a Fedex truck hit up not to long ago before someone got the guy from your center.

Any word on whether they were going to rob him, take packages off the truck, or take the truck itself?

Mike Hawk

Interesting truck, looks like an old p1 but it has an extra handle on the outside for getting in the back, and a letter box built in? lol

Ms.PacMan

Steve - a picture of one, how perfect.

I forgot because it was just chit-chat but when I talked to those Brooklyn drivers I asked about all the pairs of drivers I kept seeing. I don't remember if they had already, or were going to, try year round helpers.

Maybe year round helpers, working in pairs, would have the added benefit of being a deterrent to thugs.

I'm glad the driver didn't get on the truck and didn't get fatally shot. I remember hearing years ago that a female driver was robbed and beaten unconscious in the back of her truck in Chicago and that was right before UPS went to no cash.

Tooner - I thought your earlier post was funny but I wish you would get off that route.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hope the Brooklyn driver is doing better!!
Those stupid flags are on pkg cars now?? make us look like idiots whats next a cone out in front of the bathroom stalls?? this place is going over the edge!!
Hope your Mother has a speedy recovery Steve upsguy!
Was that a free shirt or have yah bentah BAAH HARBAH MAINE!!

over9five

Staff member
Heard today he is doing well.Bullet went thru his thigh,Small caliber.

They told us in security school, "You don't want to be shot with a .22 either".

Ill try and teach them the 10 pt commentary ...

Come teach me, I get beat up over it all the time!

Went to NYC for vaca last year and this year and every truck had a red nylon banner/flag

I've seen those here, too. Just a few, not every car.

Ditto both those comments.

rocket man

I hope he is ok. I heard a small shot wound will have to recover at full pay till after peek, Get well soon, just make sure you greave the letter of warrning for not getting your pick ups in on time I was at the hospitial what an excuse.

atatbl

I hope he is ok. I heard a small shot wound will have to recover at full pay till after peek, Get well soon, just make sure you greave the letter of warrning for not getting your pick ups in on time I was at the hospitial what an excuse.

fo realz yo.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I forgot because it was just chit-chat but when I talked to those Brooklyn drivers I asked about all the pairs of drivers I kept seeing. I don't remember if they had already, or were going to, try year round helpers.

Maybe year round helpers, working in pairs, would have the added benefit of being a deterrent to thugs.

I had posted a thread a few months ago regarding full time helpers.We have them.If you do a search you will see it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Those stupid flags are on pkg cars now?? make us look like idiots whats next a cone out in front of the bathroom stalls?? this place is going over the edge!!
Was that a free shirt or have yah bentah BAAH HARBAH MAINE!!

Me and My tribe vacation there sometimes. Thanks for the thoughts on my mom.:peaceful:

They told us in security school, "You don't want to be shot with a .22 either".

Come teach me, I get beat up over it all the time!

I've seen those here, too. Just a few, not every car.

Ditto both those comments.

Thanks 9/5

Steve - a picture of one, how perfect.

I'm glad the driver didn't get on the truck and didn't get fatally shot. I remember hearing years ago that a female driver was robbed and beaten unconscious in the back of her truck in Chicago and that was right before UPS went to no cash.

Tooner - I thought your earlier post was funny but I wish you would get off that route.

Soon as I saw your post, I was like, I have a picture of one of those.

My prayers go out for that brooklyn upser and all the rest of us. May God protect us from calamity.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
. Being worried about getting shot is one more stress that drivers don't need. I noticed FedEx trucks have a sign that says "no cash on board" above the door, maybe we should try those.

Nothing would discourage assaults on UPS'ers more than news reports of a would-be mugger getting shot by a driver who was legally carrying a gun on a concealed-weapons permit. I have one, as do many of my coworkers. They are easy to get here in Oregon, as well as in many other states. Unfortunately, UPS in its infinite wisdom seems to think that it is safer for us to be unarmed and helpless victims.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wonder what UPS will do to try to avoid paying his Workmens Comp claim. Maybe they will have their Safety Committee invent a new acronym, or a commentary on the Seven Keys to Dodging Bullets.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder what UPS will do to try to avoid paying his Workmens Comp claim. Maybe they will have their Safety Committee invent a new acronym, or a commentary on the Seven Keys to Dodging Bullets.

Sober, we all know your stand on UPS' lack of emphasis on safety measures, most notably the 3 point seat belt, and I appreciate your perserverance, but this post was inappropriate in light of the incident.

As for carrying a weapon, if I ever felt threatened to the point where I felt I had to carry a weapon I would find work elsewhere. This job is most certainly not worth your life or perhaps permanent injury nor do I think we should be arming our drivers. Perhaps I am naive or perhaps because I can go to sleep at night and, if I happen to forget to lock my front door, I don't worry that I had better get up and go lock it.

I would also be curious if there are any statistics that show how many people were killed by the guns that they were carrying to protect themselves from harm.