Driver swarmed by bees,faulted for the injury

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
can you do me a favor and show your safety manager this message?
Dear SM,
I'm speaking to you in the capacity of steward. That being said, you have absolutely zero authority to dictate fault in regard to any and all injuries. You may only project opinion of avoidable or unavoidable to a specific injury for the company's perspective. This is only a strategy to deflect an employee from filing a workman's comp claim. I'll remind you that disciplining workers for reporting work injuries or illnesses is a violation and is not allowed since the law protects workers for exercising their OSHA rights. Thank you for your time.

I am sure his center has stewards capable of doing their jobs just as effectively as you seem to feel that you do yours.

Nancy you are in over your head, down to your shoulders as usual.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It doesn't sound like the steward is doing his job at all. If he was, this manager wouldn't even think to try this malarky.
mmm, no we actually have a VERY good Steward:The the grievances were filed within 24 hours and the BA was notified and he came to the center to hash this,as well as other outstanding grievances out. The Safety Manager is simply an idiot,and while we have a pretty good Center Management team they cant control this yoyo. This Safety Manager is the same one who a couple of months ago said we all had to sound our horns at EACH intersection to 'improve visibility'.
The Safety Manager likes to stay in the DM's good graces :happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
mmm, no we actually have a VERY good Steward:The the grievances were filed within 24 hours and the BA was notified and he came to the center to hash this,as well as other outstanding grievances out. The Safety Manager is simply an idiot,and while we have a pretty good Center Management team they cant control this yoyo. This Safety Manager is the same one who a couple of months ago said we all had to sound our horns at EACH intersection to 'improve visibility'.

The Safety Manager is desperately trying to keep the DM from realizing that he not necessary.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a driver find a snake in his package car yesterday and sometimes I have ants infesting my package car. I work near 728ups, its dangerous around here.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had a driver find a snake in his package car yesterday and sometimes I have ants infesting my package car. I work near 728ups, its dangerous around here.

I used to catch rat snakes on my route and put them in my backyard as they eat things i dont like . A couple of years ago one escaped from the pillow case i put him in ,and i figured he must have gotten out of the PC when i was making a delivery.........................they had to shut the preload down for 2 hours the next morning when the snake made his grand entrance and scared hell out of the loaders. The center manager we had at the time told me not to 'pull any more of that Steve Irwin Crap!!!'

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you're saying that your stewards are more than capable of handling this situtation and that you don't need any unsolicited help?

helenofcalifornia

I had a bat fly in my truck one day and wouldn't drive it until management came down to get it out. Oh well. And those bees on the ground are deadly. I stepped on a "hive" when I was outside with my 3 year old grandson, and just told him to RUN!!! Save yourself! Those things hurt!