Driver told he can't cover a route.

hyena

There are driver I don't want to cover my route. They end up not covering my route. Survival of the fitest.
Perks of the title? It's not survival of the fittest,there's a contract in place. A stewards job is to make sure the contract is upheld. You seem like a good man, never sell out though.

Coalminer2005

The problem with our cover drivers is they don't want to work, yet alone covering any particular route. They would rather be at home with their mommies playing Xbox.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
We had a high seniority cover driver never allowed to cover the local private high dollar ACC university in town some time back due to coed harassment. But that was UPS decision not bid driver.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Other than making sure they take care of my customers, I agree that it doesn't matter who runs my area when I am off for a day or on vacation.

Unless Driver A is doing something to sabotage the route Driver B has no say in who can or cannot cover his route while he is on vacation.

When I was a cover driver there were senior guys who didn't want me covering their routes as I made them look bad.

No shocker with those statements at all!

Overpaid Union Thug

The best way to fight a seniority violation is to make it monetary. If a driver is forced to run a route they don't want then they should make it clear (with a steward present) that they want a certain route. When they are forced to run a different route they would file for the difference in pay between the route they ended up running and the route they actually wanted. The only kink in this tactic are the runners and gunners that end up on the other route. Those bastards usually get in way before the driver that is being contractually violated. So, in that case there is no pay differential to file on. Runners and gunners are like a terrible STD that can't be cured.

542thruNthru

Update..

The driver informed the center manager this morning that he spoke with our BA and he will be filing a grievance if his seniority is not honored.

center manager didn't like this tried to tell the driver he was only doing this to upset the other driver and he was causing a hostile work environment.

In the end the Driver is doing the route for the week. I'm happy to see he didn't back down.