Driver Training PC - final exam

BigBeef42

Tight knit community. Lol

I passed all the verbal dok on the first try... the only one in the class to bust that :censored2: out..... big head??? Lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

xtatic77

Hey all. I'm a street hire for driver. I was told to study 5 SH and 10pt Com. Supposedly it is the first thing you do on your first day of driver school? This all has to be word for word? Can't miss any? That right?

S

selfcancelsignal

If you go to Integrad, most likely. Perhaps at a regional driving school too. If you go to a smaller hub nearby? No. The driver & I that went from our center both got 100% as we were drilled by our OC sups that anything less would not fly. The other 3 guys in our class got like 80%, & the instructor said to study up as we'd be doing this every day until they got 100%. It was never mentioned again. That being said, I'd study my ass off if I was you. Have your wife, GF, or friends of any kind help you with these when possible.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

S

selfcancelsignal

that's an in cab distraction
That's exactly what the guy who administered the driving test when I went to driving school said. He saved 5 potential heart attacks from happening that day. He just pointed them out & reviewed them off a clipboard to the guys in the back of the Brown special bus at the driving school as the guy driving did or didn't do them while driving.

xtatic77

If you go to Integrad, most likely. Perhaps at a regional driving school too. If you go to a smaller hub nearby? No. The driver & I that went from our center both got 100% as we were drilled by our OC sups that anything less would not fly. The other 3 guys in our class got like 80%, & the instructor said to study up as we'd be doing this every day until they got 100%. It was never mentioned again. That being said, I'd study my ass off if I was you. Have your wife, GF, or friends of any kind help you with these when possible.

I'm studying my ass off for sure. Wife is helping me study. I even made voice recordings to listen to while I drive. I've done quit my other job and start Monday. Its a little nerve racking. Im more worried if I miss one and being let go the same day I start. LoL I'm aiming for 100% but I just worry.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
"All Good Kids Like Milk." ~ I've heard of this one, but don't know what it is.
It's an acronym--a way to remember the seeing habits. Same with "Why Every Dog Loves Milkbones" or WELD-M as they're saying now.

Aim high in steering
Get the big picture
Keep your eyes moving
Leave yourself an out
Make sure they see you(r underwear)

Walk at a brisk pace, don't run
Establish a firm footing to maintain balance
Don't walk on unsecured belts, rollers, marbles, banana peels, etc
Look before stepping, scan your work area
Make adjustments for changing conditions.

Oak

Here I've been studying the seeing habits and didn't even know the shortcut to help remember 1, 2, 3 etc.

Thanks, Techie! This will help.

I see WESLA has evolved since I first memorized.

Stay off of ....has become Don't walk on......
Adjust for.....has become Make adjustments

Re-memorizing crap to the new and (un)improved really sucks. Word, for word, comma for comma, period for period, is how I've always memorized. Then some*(% decides to change things--without real meaning.