Driver training surprise.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Dude, you finish routes? Have you ever brought work back? And you only have nine days left? I think you're in. This isn't peak, where the desperately need even dead bodies!

On road once told me the three keys to making book are: no accidents, no injuries, and sheet every package. They can build on you from there.

UPSGUY72

On road once told me the three keys to making book are: no accidents, no injuries, and sheet every package. They can build on you from there.

Not everyone is improvement material. Some people just don't have it in them to be a driver no matter how bad they want to be a driver. It is no fault of there own is just not met to be. You either have it in you to be a driver or your don't.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Not everyone is improvement material. Some people just don't have it in them to be a driver no matter how bad they want to be a driver. It is no fault of there own is just not met to be. You either have it in you to be a driver or your don't.

I agree, except those who are not fit will be exposed in a couple weeks. Making scratch? Heh. Is he misdelivering? Having tons of customer complaints? Missing on-calls? As someone else pointed out, he is perfect for throwing on junk, and drivers like that are needed.

Overpaid Union Thug

I
I went to driving school back in OCT and was thrown blind onto a route in the second week of DEC. Nightmare! Since then I have been driving a variation of that route when needed. Haven't made scratch. I've been thrown blind on routes and been out for 12 hours, had work taken off, and ran lunches. Two weeks ago I was put on a training route with a sup. On the second day things fell through had to run the last half blind due to an emergency.
I drove a couple of more days in between on a route I was more familiar with, still not considered a training route.
Finally, this past Tuesday, put on another training route. The sup drove it the 1st day and the second he said to run the beginning alone and he'd meet up with me. Not doing well at at. Yesterday, he starts filling out the driver training manual for the first time. It seems that I have around 20 days of driving since the 15th of Jan. Now with 9 days left, it looks like I am going to be disqualified. His logic being that I haven't picked up on things yet because parts of the training route I should know. Possibly, but in my defense, aren't I supposed to have run a dedicated training route that is relatively consistent for 30 days?
The things I have run before were picking up slack and junk from other routes. Not sure what my options are. The sup. says he doesn't want to DQ me, but see if he can put me on a a hiatus. Whatever that means. So, around 20 days on road w/o a training route now I have 9 days to qualify on a route of which half I know, but not properly trained on and the other half totally in the dark about. Any suggestions?

Here newbs are left on the same training route (unless it's cut) for 30 days. I believe all, or most, contract supplements state that each center must have dedicated training routes for this purpose. You are getting screwed.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I

Here newbs are left on the same training route (unless it's cut) for 30 days. I believe all, or most, contract supplements state that each center must have dedicated training routes for this purpose. You are getting screwed.
the way I've seen it run in my center, we have no dedicated training routes. The last new driver a year ago, ran 3 or 4 different routes for two weeks, was DQ'd and kicked back to preload.

PT Car Washer

Our centers have several assigned training routes. One is so bad almost no one can qualify on it. During the summer the center will put a seasonal on some of the training routes and use the bid drivers as cover driver. Not sure how the centers can get away with that but has been the practice for several years now.

Our centers have several assigned training routes. One is so bad almost no one can qualify on it. During the summer the center will put a seasonal on some of the training routes and use the bid drivers as cover driver. Not sure how the centers can get away with that but has been the practice for several years now.
Then the company gets mad, when the bid driver, files a grievance! we have guys on training routes, that never get moved.

oldngray

nowhere special
We have training routes that are bid routes. When the driver bids on that route it is with the condition it will be used periodically to train new drivers and he will get bumped to do something else. The route next to mine was one of those and a whiner bid on it and threw a hissy fit when it was used for ... training. He cried about how it hadn't been used to train drivers so it never should (in his opinion).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have training routes that are bid routes. When the driver bids on that route it is with the condition it will be used periodically to train new drivers and he will get bumped to do something else. The route next to mine was one of those and a whiner bid on it and threw a hissy fit when it was used for ... training. He cried about how it hadn't been used to train drivers so it never should (in his opinion).
Ya gotta love the whiners...they're never happy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was it bid specifically as a training route? If so, the whiner is out of luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Was it bid specifically as a training route? If so, the whiner is out of luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes, it was bid as a training route that he would have to give up periodically. It was a really easy route so the other driver bid on it then acted surprised when it was used for training. So, yes he was out of luck but whined about it anyway.