Driver

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
dude, anyone can drive a truck and throw packages

not everyone can make good decisions on short notice with limited information directly affecting the lives of dozens of individuals

lol i can do what i want, i'm management

LMAO.

A.) OMS are not REALLY management. I mean, it technically is but in my mind managers are the ones who make decisions about how operations are to run and can use common sense to MAKE those decisions. You send drivers messages reminding us to take our lunches or bring in SDWC packages, you answer a phone and do what you're told.

B.) You say "anyone can drive a truck and throw packages" have you ever tried it? Nope, you just watch us come in and gripe about the daily bs that you have no earthly idea about. You should try to take a job at this company that MAKES the company money, not one that wastes it and requires me to deliver another 20 stops a day to pay for your "managers" salary.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
its hard work, but I love it, there are days when things go great, then there days you just bear it, great pay great benefits,
I think I like this answer the best. I do have to add, if you can get past the mental challenges (and some days that is no easy task) then you've got it licked.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This as with any job, is what you make it.

I personally like my job. I like people, I like driving and I like the money. The only thing I would change is that I would go back to a rural route.
There were 2 rtes in my building that I wanted. When the 1st one came up for bid I lost out on it. The 2nd one came up this time last year. I was lucky enough to get that bid. I won't ever leave it. I'll retire on my rural rte. I love it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
...as are 30 day wonders...

goldplatedkneepads.jpg

You're on a roll this week, Upstate! Word from Atlanta is Scottie D's springing for second day air on your set!

If you hurry up and spit on at least three other drivers and run over a part-timer coming back from your route today, he'll even install rims on 'em for ya.
goldplatedkneepads.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
dude, anyone can drive a truck and throw packages

not everyone can make good decisions on short notice with limited information directly affecting the lives of dozens of individuals

Exactly my point....this is why there is a drought of intelligent managers at UPS.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I don't think that tears understands that in most centers OMS is a joke of a position.

Out of 4 OMS we have one that's great one that's ok and 2 that don't have a freakin clue.

out of the 8 we have i'd say myself and my counterpart who co-suped a belt with me in preload are the only ones who aren't totally worthless

4 others are drones, and 2 make such terrible decisions i spend half my night cleaning up their mistakes

it's a shame really because the OMS position is an incredibly valuable experience to have; it exposes you to every single facet of what it takes to running a center

Re-Raise

it's a shame really because the OMS position is an incredibly valuable experience to have; it exposes you to every single facet of what it takes to running a center

Except for that annoying delivering of packages thing. Seriously skippy, get over yourself.

This thread is called "Driver". You have nothing to add to this discussion. The fact that you don't realize that tells me a lot more about your intelligence, or in this case lack of intelligence, than anything you say about how improtant you are.

porkwagon

It was raining quite hard in Philly today. Tears in Rain would have shed a few had he taken a route out himself. Never mind, anyone can drive a truck and throw packages.

stealstime

Just another example of stupidity by our management. I almost forgot we never make decisions on the road. If you were capable Tears you wouldn't be a pencil pusher!