Driver

stink219

Clipboard jockeys are easily replaceable.

dude, anyone can drive a truck and throw packages

not everyone can make good decisions on short notice with limited information directly affecting the lives of dozens of individuals
Good decisions? Your decisions are dictated to you by your upper brass. You are just a robot. Only 2 reasons someone goes into management. 1. They can't physically do the job of a driver. Or 2. They originally thought they could make money doing less work. I've found the first to be most common. We are the new breed of driver. We don't deliver boxes anymore. All we do, all day long, is fix the way the management staff have screwed up every route and bandage every customer complaint that your "decision" has caused.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Except for that annoying delivering of packages thing. Seriously skippy, get over yourself.

This thread is called "Driver". You have nothing to add to this discussion. The fact that you don't realize that tells me a lot more about your intelligence, or in this case lack of intelligence, than anything you say about how improtant you are.

i know this will blow your mind, but 98% of what a center manager needs to know....

wait for it

....doesn't require any package delivery experience!

he's managing people, not a job

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Good decisions? Your decisions are dictated to you by your upper brass. You are just a robot.

lol because there is clearly no room for independent thought within those massive guidelines right?

man what would i do if Atlanta didn't call me up when my printer runs out of paper! :surprised:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Except for that annoying delivering of packages thing. Seriously skippy, get over yourself.

This thread is called "Driver". You have nothing to add to this discussion. The fact that you don't realize that tells me a lot more about your intelligence, or in this case lack of intelligence, than anything you say about how improtant you are.

i know this will blow your mind, but 98% of what a center manager needs to know....

wait for it

....doesn't require any package delivery experience!

he's managing people, not a job

That's because 100% of what a center manager is allowed to do comes from above.

U

uber

dude, anyone can drive a truck and throw packages

not everyone can make good decisions on short notice with limited information directly affecting the lives of dozens of individuals

Ohhhhhhh

What a glamorous clipboard jockey. Dime a dozen.

Re-Raise

lol because there is clearly no room for independent thought within those massive guidelines right?

man what would i do if Atlanta didn't call me up when my printer runs out of paper! :surprised:

What does UPS feel is adequate compensation for someone with your impressive copy machine skills?

Really skippy give it a rest. You are embarrassing yourself trying to act important. Save that stuff for your parents. We work at UPS and we know what an OMS job really is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

An OMS is not a 'bossman' and why would anyone ever file a grievance against a secretary?

One of our OMS' gave out my personal cell phone number to a customer without my consent. The customer needed their package as they were heading out of town and wanted to meet me on road. It would not have been an issue had she asked for my permission to give them my number. I called the 800# to file a complaint and was told that I could not file a complaint against a member of my mgt team. I let her know that she was never to give out my personal cell phone number without my permission.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
One of our OMS' gave out my personal cell phone number to a customer without my consent. The customer needed their package as they were heading out of town and wanted to meet me on road. It would not have been an issue had she asked for my permission to give them my number. I called the 800# to file a complaint and was told that I could not file a complaint against a member of my mgt team. I let her know that she was never to give out my personal cell phone number without my permission.
I had an OMS do the same thing. It only happened once. :happy-very::devil3: