Drivers all across the land, Managers just don't understand....

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I dont agree with full timers bumping into preload anyways. When you go full time you know your arent allowed to come back to belt as part time to work again. So u screwed over the teamster u bumped and supervisor. Great job man. Why dont just collect your unemployment for a week or 2.

Uh, actually you are allowed to.

Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding,

Since you referenced me here I am taking the liberty of interjecting a comment.

In what way have I ever implied that I am above anybody?
I feel I am no better or worse than anyone.

Sincerely,
I

Well, I tried blocking you, but when others quote you, you show up anyway so what's the point?! So to answer your question....your response to the OP is a good case in point. Your wording, and the way it comes across is that your word settles the matter, and that the OP has, at your word, received full absolution. Your "dripping with sweetness" understanding of his humbly admitting his error, and taking proper responsibility to love his wife and kids, is beyond sickening. What about his responsibility to those who enable him to "properly" love his wife and kids? And then to say his manager needs training in employee relations.....no, his manager needs people he can depend on to run a business. Why am I talking to you?! LOL Again, I believe this is a deliberate "stage persona" you have created. I can't believe you actually talk this way.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well, I tried blocking you, but when others quote you, you show up anyway so what's the point?!You will have to decide if that works for you. So to answer your question....your response to the OP is a good case in point. Your wording, and the way it comes across is that your word settles the matter, and that the OP has, at your word, received full absolution. On an online discussion forum I try to use my words, my words share my point of view. Have you found a different way to communicate on a forum such as this. Your "dripping with sweetness" understanding of his humbly admitting his error, and taking proper responsibility to love his wife and kids, is beyond sickening.It is very sad that understanding and kindness is sickening to you. What about his responsibility to those who enable him to "properly" love his wife and kids?It is my opinion that individuals are entitled to use their sick days as they see fit and And then to say his manager needs training in employee relations any half decent manager would be able to staff an operation when individuals use this collectively bargained benefit of employment......no, his manager needs people he can depend on to run a business.I firmly believe that attendance problems should be dealt with up to termination if need be but the simple fact that this individual had a sick day to burn is clear proof that this individual is not an attendance problem. Why am I talking to you?!I don't know. LOL Again, I believe this is a deliberate "stage persona" you have created.Ya think! I can't believe you actually talk this way.I can't force you to believe nor would I want to.
Leftinbuilding,

I have embedded my answers above.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Some people like to get their ass kicked and like being told to "Frick Off" so he could be this way in real life.
Hoaxster,

I do not like to get my *** kicked and I don't like being told to "Frick Off", " Frick Off?

220px-Henry_Clay_Frick.jpg Henry Clay Frick

But I still could be this way in real life.

Sincerely,
I
220px-Henry_Clay_Frick.jpg

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Management's job isn't to cater to your every whim....there was already an adjustment made in order for him to be bumping the other guy in the first place. Now he's deviating from the plan once again. If I were to inconvenience you, it wouldn't matter if I gave you 2 hrs notice or 10 hrs notice...you would still be pissed.

Don't lose track of the point that is being made here. He makes it seem like he is being wronged, when it is HE that is the one who is out of line. An emergency is an emergency....this is not an emergency. No good manager, in their right minds, would accept a call-in for this reason. Besides, like he described...it's like he's getting away with it anyway. You cannot code a sick day in the timecard system if you have already worked at some point that day. I can't stand it when and if my guys work a morning shift, and then call in on MY shift later on that night. Can't code a call-in...just shows that they worked their 3 hours....just at a different time. It's a d-bag thing do to...I don't care how much notice is given...it doesn't change that fact.
Is this Tieguy posting again?
blahblah.gif

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most reasonable and courteous people don't use "..." in their writings, to separate thoughts. Just a thought, it's a subconscious tell.

peacock

I think the issue here is that there was plenty of time given for the Manager to call upon on-call employees as well as other drivers who are on layoff. For they claim that another driver would have worked if notified earlier in the day. As for the reason for notifying the manager seems to be moot. At our center we are required to have a certain # of on-call staff available at all times. I do realize though, utilizing those on call employees or drivers becomes more difficult on a Friday, but that is what they are there for.
I didn't realize that you can't use a sick day for the night shift if you've worked the morning shift. I've gone home after working preload and have became ill before 4 in the afternoon. Is this a common rule throughout U.P.S.?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Again, for he record, when someone works 2 different shifts in the same day, you cannot use a sick day for the second half of your 2 shifts. It's a quirk of the system....so you are flat out screwing things up.

You read too much into my "...'s". I promise.

cino321

Again, for he record, when someone works 2 different shifts in the same day, you cannot use a sick day for the second half of your 2 shifts. It's a quirk of the system....so you are flat out screwing things up.

You read too much into my "...'s". I promise.

Yes because we engineered the system. (sarcasm)