Drivers asked to take actual hours friday

Dr.Brownz

They asked here too. \

I told them no. Messaged at 15:20 asking what to do. By 15:40 they told me to come in. Sup assured me I would be paid for 8!

barnyard

KTM rider
We were told to use our helpers and if we wanted to go home early, that was fine. I had an 8.5 hour day and could not use my helper to shorten it. Bummed me out.

Last year, I had a 6 hour day during peak. It was a light day, my helper wanted the dough, so I used her till we were done. Took break, punched out, went home. It was a beautiful thing.

Polar vortex next week. Going to be wishing for some shorter days by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Ghost in the Darkness

You would be wrong. Our rural routes explode the same as our city routes.

Actually they are worse, nobody wants to leave their house especially when they live out away from a town. I don't blame them, I hate crowded stores this time of year. All the beaters are in, bigger truck that can't go anywhere or turn around anywhere. Lots of walk offs, and very few stops where helper goes one way and I go the other. Then factor in snow. Orion still thinks I can use seasonal roads. This week will be fun, hopefully I use up my hours m-friend these next to weeks. No mandatory Sats or Suns yet.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You would be wrong. Our rural routes explode the same as our city routes.
I run a rural route. I have lost about 1/2 of my normal delivery area this peak and am still maxing out at 13-14 hours/day. Just received about 6" of snow so far this weekend which isn't going to help. Roads should be fine but people usually don't clear their driveways/walks.

35years

Gravy route
Everyone maxed out on the 60 hour rule. Rolling stops every night since Thanksgiving. Worked past 11 P.M. one night. When we are out of DOT hours they want us to work as a helper or loader. Nice thing about working till 11 P.M. is it sets up for a short Friday. It is like the walking dead at the morning meeting.