Drivers bad company image for the Public

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
One might say: "You ain't even know nothing 'bout me."

Allow me to drop some knowledge on you, bruh. You're an unloader. Sometimes trailers, sometimes package cars but, always unloader.

That speaks volumes about who you are to those of us that are, "in the know."

Lil' fella, "you ain't even" crawled a 1/4 inch in my boots. To borrow a quote from a wise man, Tupac Shakur, "You can't see me."

So you're saying that drivers are better than package handlers? Atleast I'm going to school and have many options, plus a bright future ahead of me. What you got? Delivering packages to my house for the rest of your life unhappily.

You're making blind assumptions. You're assuming I'm unhappy. You're assuming I don't have a degree in sociology. You're assuming a brown truck is the end of the road for me.

Again, young buck, you got me wrong. I could "tit for tat" with you all night. It still wouldn't put you on my level. For the record, I never said "drivers are better than part timers." For the record, there are several part timers in my building on a level I could only hope to achieve.

I've relieved myself in the men's room at my building hundred of times more than, you've been wanded down at the guard shack.

Im not better than part timers, I'm just leaps and bounds, better than you.

Hugs and Kisses ; )

Loyal Teamster

To all my brothers and sisters, this thread has gotten out of control. Please save any personal attacks & insults out of Brown Cafe. Your trolling is not welcomed. Please respect each other as we are a brotherhood.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
To be fair, I was a 19 year old kid once myself. I thought I knew everything. I got hired by a corporate monster that taught me a thing or three about the real world.

Had I access to a website which afforded me an avenue to vent my frustrations with said monster, Lord knows what I might have said.

I sincerely hope you get everything you want from this company as, it will take everything it wants from you. I'll not hold our banter against you because, you and I are the same. Two people, at different stages of life, just trying to survive.

Best wishes.

Cementups

Box Monkey
To all my brothers and sisters, this thread has gotten out of control. Please save any personal attacks & insults out of Brown Cafe. Your trolling is not welcomed. Please respect each other as we are a brotherhood.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

​HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!! The master troll has spoken!!!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

Please save us from you posting here !

How about you post a little more into your range like,

I LIVE AT MY PARENTS , DO I REALLY HAVE TO PAY FOR CINEMAX ?
or
I WAS BLESSED WITH A CAREER BUT I WANT TO MAKE AARON HERNANDEZ PROUD !
or
I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT PRELOAD ISSUES, MY WATER FOUNTAIN IS ICE COLD !
or
I WAS TOLD I SUCK AS A PRELOADER, DO I HAVE ALTERNATIVES ??
or maybe
I HAVE NO FRIENDS ON BROWNCAFE, SHOULD I TURN TO THOSE MASCULINE PILLS THEY SELL AT 7-11 ??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyway.......back to the OP.....on-car supervisors, center managers, safety committee members and Big Brother (Telematics) are tasked with observing drivers on road. I agree that smoking while driving presents a bad image but there is nothing illegal about it. The legal use of a handheld cellphone while driving will vary from state to state but I think we can all agree that distracted driving is unsafe.

Johney

Anyway.......back to the OP.....on-car supervisors, center managers, safety committee members and Big Brother (Telematics) are tasked with observing drivers on road. I agree that smoking while driving presents a bad image but there is nothing illegal about it. The legal use of a handheld cellphone while driving will vary from state to state but I think we can all agree that distracted driving is unsafe.
Doesn't UPS have company wide policy stating no cell phone use while driving?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
​HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!! The master troll has spoken!!!!!
Indeed, man. Brothers and sisters? LT just the other day you were trolling about women are inferior and belong in the kitchen....where they can cook you a steaming plate of STFU. As far as cell phones, you can use while driving only with a hands free device in my building. I think NYS just raised the fine for talking or texting while driving to like $600 and possible license suspension.

UPSGUY72

So you're saying that drivers are better than package handlers? Atleast I'm going to school and have many options, plus a bright future ahead of me. What you got? Delivering packages to my house for the rest of your life unhappily.

Your not the brightest Bulb on the street. So that bright future might be a little dim.

I went from High school to US Army Flight School. At 19 I was WO1 Warrant Office 1 Pilot in command of a US Army AH-1F Cobra attack Helicopter and at 19 your unloading boxes. After my time in the service I went to college, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and graduated with a BS degree. I choose to work for UPS because I make more money delivering packages "to your house" than what I would be making in my field of study. I also get free Health Insurance and a Pension to name a few benefits.

But I sure at 19, still wet behind the ears and living with Mama your know everything.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, you better check that future there buddy. My best friend went to college, graduated in the top 1/3 of his class with a engineering degree. So far, he has held 6 jobs in his field in 30 years, and is still 5-8k below in base salary, and he doesn't get OT.

I have held 3 jobs in 34 years, and the good lord willing, will still have only held 3 jobs when I retire in 9 years. Plus, I stand to have a decent retirement. So you better check your rose colored glasses before making such off the cuff statements.......

J

jibbs

It's funny how these "trolls" come into a thread, everybody points them out for what they are and then start to dicksize with them in their very next breath (or sentence... whatever).

All I hear is:

"I'm bigger than you!"
"Well I'm right and you're wrong!"
"You're an idiot!"
":censored2:!"
"I bet I'm taller than you!"
"But my dick's! bigger!"
"I'm thicker!"
"I've ****ed more women than you've seen!"
"You're an idiot!"
":censored2:!"

and on and on and on....

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Your not the brightest Bulb on the street. So that bright future might be a little dim.

I went from High school to US Army Flight School. At 19 I was WO1 Warrant Office 1 Pilot in command of a US Army AH-1F Cobra attack Helicopter and at 19 your unloading boxes. After my time in the service I went to college, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and graduated with a BS degree. I choose to work for UPS because I make more money delivering packages "to your house" than what I would be making in my field of study. I also get free Health Insurance and a Pension to name a few benefits.

But I sure at 19, still wet behind the ears and living with Mama your know everything.

When I was growing up, my dream was to join a flight school within the military. I can recall the conversation I had as a HS senior with a recruiter:

HIM: Tell me about yourself. Do you play sports? Are you athletic? Are you popular?
ME: No, but...
HIM: Well, if you're lucky, maybe you'll get to clean the airplane.

Wouldn't it be cool if everybody was afforded an opportunity based on merit?

OTOH, I moved out after HS, worked 2-3 jobs - including UPS - to pay my bills and spent my freetime mentoring underprivileged middle school students. And now I have to work with UPS's ex-military hiring spree, including a 23-year-old who earned $25K bonuses doing multiple tours in Iraq, earning $80K + free housing/meals in Norfolk during his final year. I'm grateful for his services, but he was compensated fairly for it; I don't owe the world to him and I believe I've done well for myself. My parents were well off but I rejected the silver spoon.....

rocket man

I wonder if UPS sends inspectors to check on drivers while on the road. I've seen a driver Smoking while driving, i've also seen several speaking on the phone while driving. This pisses me off.
Is there any positions that check on Drivers?

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster
W hy don t yo apply for the job oh you already did and didnt make mind your own bussiness '

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Now that's WTF I'm talking about!!!

Cementups

Box Monkey

BOOM.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Making six figures, paid for health care, and a pension since you asked. How's that whole college thing working out for ya currently?