Drivers bad company image for the Public

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Doesn't UPS have company wide policy stating no cell phone use while driving?
Yes, but smoking while driving is still permitted, make sense of that. And before anyone says "Jack, you just hate smokers" I used to be one so no, I don't hate on them. I just find it interesting UPS itself doesn't offer to pay for quitting programs or take a position on smoking as just as much an in cab distraction as anything else.

P

pickup

I wonder if UPS sends inspectors to check on drivers while on the road. I've seen a driver Smoking while driving, i've also seen several speaking on the phone while driving. This pisses me off.
Is there any positions that check on Drivers?

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

"Limited command"? Is that the only vocabulary you could come up with in that context? There is no grammar errors in my last post.

Funny, two troll posters who both use "is" in place of "are". Could it be that you aint even know it = loyal teamster = kappa massacre = Loser! ​?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, but smoking while driving is still permitted, make sense of that. And before anyone says "Jack, you just hate smokers" I used to be one so no, I don't hate on them. I just find it interesting UPS itself doesn't offer to pay for quitting programs or take a position on smoking as just as much an in cab distraction as anything else.
They do offer a smoking cessation program. If you wish to invoke your rights to be on it. Under EAP

UPSGUY72

When I was growing up, my dream was to join a flight school within the military. I can recall the conversation I had as a HS senior with a recruiter:

HIM: Tell me about yourself. Do you play sports? Are you athletic? Are you popular?
ME: No, but...
HIM: Well, if you're lucky, maybe you'll get to clean the airplane.

Wouldn't it be cool if everybody was afforded an opportunity based on merit?

OTOH, I moved out after HS, worked 2-3 jobs - including UPS - to pay my bills and spent my freetime mentoring underprivileged middle school students. And now I have to work with UPS's ex-military hiring spree, including a 23-year-old who earned $25K bonuses doing multiple tours in Iraq, earning $80K + free housing/meals in Norfolk during his final year. I'm grateful for his services, but he was compensated fairly for it; I don't owe the world to him and I believe I've done well for myself. My parents were well off but I rejected the silver spoon.....

Well I wasn't popular in High School. Unless you consider I didn't put up with people crap no matter how big they were When I got kick out of school I would go work landscaping for day which I did everyday after school anyways. I got decent grades not perfect went to summer school for English class one year. I went from high school to flight school because I got good score on the military test you need to take.

You can take your merit quote and stuff it where the sun don't shine. I didn't come from a rich family and I wasn't hand a flight school spot because I was "popular".