Drivers- Best Shoes

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Me personally I prefer brown shoes. Just think it looks better brown from head to toe instead of throwing a mismatch color in with it. That's just the ocd in me coming out lmfao. And prefer goretex shoes all year lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm going to have a close look at our appearance guidelines in the morning. I still think my nikes met the criteria but want to see what exactly is on the list before I make a stink of the situation.
Has to be 1) sturdy 2) polishable leather upper 3) black or brown 4) slip resistant soles.

An example of what works is the Skechers work sneakers I wear. As you can see in the pic they are sturdy, have a special slip resistant sole, are black and have a polishable leather upper so they can't say crap about them. They're specifically made for work. Granted they don't last very long...wearing them everyday I can usually get 3-4 months out of a pair and they only cost around $50.
mUZQeAnYaq3Z_XW7QiUl1BQ.jpg

9.5er

Me personally I prefer brown shoes. Just think it looks better brown from head to toe instead of throwing a mismatch color in with it. That's just the ocd in me coming out lmfao. And prefer goretex shoes all year lol.
I understand completely. I wore brown Clarks for the longest time. But recently Clarks has discontinued the shoes I liked so much. The new Clarks suck big time so I made the switch to black shoes because the UPS socks were not an issue. I have worn my black nikes and black noshow socks for two years now and no problems til this past month.
Now all of a sudden I HAVE to wear UPS socks and work shoes. And I do til I get away from the building.

JL 0513

Has to be 1) sturdy 2) polishable leather upper 3) black or brown 4) slip resistant soles.

An example of what works is the Skechers work sneakers I wear. As you can see in the pic they are sturdy, have a special slip resistant sole, are black and have a polishable leather upper so they can't say crap about them. They're specifically made for work. Granted they don't last very long...wearing them everyday I can usually get 3-4 months out of a pair and they only cost around $50.

Those were the last model I bought and they had one major weakness for me. The upper stitching at the big toe corner totally wore out and that whole corner opened up. The rest of the shoe could have lasted several months longer. Pisses me off when one little part of a shoe goes prematurely and I have to throw away an otherwise good shoe.

This particular issue is an issue I'm noticing with most shoes I wear for this job. Need to find the best work sneaker with the most durable front end construction. I'm trying the NB 608's next.

novadriver

http://a248.e.akamai.net/friend/248/9086/10h/origin-d4.scene7.com/is/image/Underarmour/1236879-001_DEFAULT?fmt=jpg&qlt=85,1&bgc=efefef&wid=584&hei=550&fit=fit,1&extendN=0.03,0,0.03,0&rect=0,0,584,550

I bought these from dicks sporting goods for $115,, theyre comfy and have good ventilation for hot days, i dont wear them on rainy days though.

novadriver

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Those were the last model I bought and they had one major weakness for me. The upper stitching at the big toe corner totally wore out and that whole corner opened up. The rest of the shoe could have lasted several months longer. Pisses me off when one little part of a shoe goes prematurely and I have to throw away an otherwise good shoe.

This particular issue is an issue I'm noticing with most shoes I wear for this job. Need to find the best work sneaker with the most durable front end construction. I'm trying the NB 608's next.
Yeah, New Balance isn't bad. On the Skechers there are a couple versions of that style. First type lifts you about half an inch higher off the ground, toe "bumper" is stitched, and the shoe itself rises slightly higher on the heal but still not considered a high top. The other type doesn't lift you up as much, doesn't keep out water as well so my feet get soaked when it rains, the toe "bumper" thing is glued on instead of stitched and it's obviously even less expensive than the other type. The crappier one tends to be more comfortable for me. *shrug*

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
http://a248.e.akamai.net/friend/248/9086/10h/origin-d4.scene7.com/is/image/Underarmour/1236879-001_DEFAULT?fmt=jpg&qlt=85,1&bgc=efefef&wid=584&hei=550&fit=fit,1&extendN=0.03,0,0.03,0&rect=0,0,584,550

I bought these from dicks sporting goods for $115,, theyre comfy and have good ventilation for hot days, i dont wear them on rainy days though.

When I was a cop I wore something almost exactly the same as that, except it had a side zipper for easy in/out. Was super comfortable and lightweight.

JL 0513

Doesn't meet the "polishable leather" criteria, but depending on your center, you can get away with it. A little aggressive for the uniform.

I prefer the low tops.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/friend/248/9086/10h/origin-d4.scene7.com/is/image/Underarmour/1236880-001_A?fmt=jpg&qlt=85,1&bgc=efefef&wid=584&hei=550&fit=fit,1&extendN=0.03,0,0.03,0&rect=0,0,584,550

O

OLDMAN3

No actually it was right after PCM. Went around to close back door of truck and there was the safety guy.
I'm going to have a close look at our appearance guidelines in the morning. I still think my nikes met the criteria but want to see what exactly is on the list before I make a stink of the situation.
"Safety guys" have no authority whatsoever to call you out on anything if they are Union employees. If they mention it again tell them they are preforming a management discipline function and you will not hesitate to report them to the Union. If they dare mention it to management, file a grievance saying safety members are being used by management to discipline drivers, even if it is just a talking to by your supervisor. This safety guy needs to learn not to cross the line.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I understand completely. I wore brown Clarks for the longest time. But recently Clarks has discontinued the shoes I liked so much. The new Clarks suck big time so I made the switch to black shoes because the UPS socks were not an issue. I have worn my black nikes and black noshow socks for two years now and no problems til this past month.
Now all of a sudden I HAVE to wear UPS socks and work shoes. And I do til I get away from the building.
http://www.amazon.com/Dunham-Balanc...=1408329406&sr=1-26&keywords=dunham+shoes+men. Im liking these shoes. Maybe try them out if you were a Clarks guy.

S

selfcancelsignal

Not that I give 2 :censored2:zskis, but isn't a leather upper something that goes up over the ankle?

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

O

OLDMAN3

New Balance 627 is a steel toe athletic shoe with a non slip sole. The front end is indestructible because of the steel toe. They can be had at Kohls today online for $89 minus a $15 code (off orders of $30) minus 30% off and free shipping. Mine came out to less than $52 delivered.

1080Driver

I've been going with Timberlands for a long time; a bit pricey but they do last & the recent pairs I've don't seem to take as long as the older ones to break in.

JL 0513

New Balance 627 is a steel toe athletic shoe with a non slip sole. The front end is indestructible because of the steel toe. They can be had at Kohls today online for $89 minus a $15 code (off orders of $30) minus 30% off and free shipping. Mine came out to less than $52 delivered.

Thanks. I never buy steel toes, but I think I'm ready to try. These look good so I'll probably buy them. Since I've slammed my toes at work before, this could fix both issues.

O

OLDMAN3

Thanks. I never buy steel toes, but I think I'm ready to try. These look good so I'll probably buy them. Since I've slammed my toes at work before, this could fix both issues.
They come in extra wide as well. Good luck. These just happen to work well for me. It only takes one slip up to make the steel toes worth it. The only problem with these is that you can't find them in stores to try on. If New Balance 608s fit your feet well these will probably also work.