Drivers: How long does it take you to find a package (on average)

S

selfcancelsignal

According to their numbers you have 7 seconds from the time you shut off the truck to select the package and be out the door.
Wow. I really need to work on this. So laissez faire when I go back to do this. Especially on split routes. Oh well, paid by the hour & try to provide good service.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

JL 0513

We don't even have PAL labels here. Ink printers the sorters wear on their wrists. Printed right on the package.

Is this the successor to the labeling system in most centers? Or is this an alternative system found in some centers. Curious if we can expect to see this someday.

Indecisi0n

I load 5 trucks literally everyday I always put my packages in the right spot if not near BUT sometimes the driver pisses me off by complaining about the smallest :censored2: so in the days of the week I just sort and hide a package that belongs in the 1000 shelf behind a HUGE box in the 8000 area WAHAHAHA bitch don't mess with your loader HEHEHEHEHEHE
Oh remember that add cut you didn't have time to remove? I'll remind you when I send in 15 misloads on you. Don't mess with your driver.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What season is it? Summer I give it 20 seconds then it's a not found, winter I'll do 30-45. No matter the season the more preload fails the more I make, this year will be a banner year.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
To find a package from the time I open the door it can take less than 10 seconds to 40 or more depending on how sucky it's loaded. But I save my 2000 shelf as the "grab shelf", where I'll set up the next few stops right in order as I'm digging for packages. Then it's just open the door, grab and run.

Future

Victory Ride
I load 5 trucks literally everyday I always put my packages in the right spot if not near BUT sometimes the driver pisses me off by complaining about the smallest :censored2: so in the days of the week I just sort and hide a package that belongs in the 1000 shelf behind a HUGE box in the 8000 area WAHAHAHA bitch don't mess with your loader HEHEHEHEHEHE
If you where my loader I would stuff you in your own oven!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You're an ass tool, who does that? If your driver is complaning....fix it! I may work for management but I load for my drivers...the way they want the truck. You keep the drivers happy, make their day easier...and they won't throw you under the bus...even when it's the easiest option.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Uh dyslexia runs in my family I've got a slight case. Gets ugly sometimes running rural routes with 10 miles between stops.
He did a nice job I only had a couple backwards numbers. Much better than the three blind mice loading. He actually tried. I dont think we have any bad loaders, I have not had one that didnt give it a good effort in a long time.
Discloser, not making fun of dyslexic people or blind mice