Drivers in my center mad because they are forced to take lunch.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
That sucks.....
Everyday at 1320 that message pops up, then adds a line to the top off EDD that says meal until you put a start and end off lunch
meal screen.jpg

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
For probably 20 years I took a half hour in the morning just after leaving the building and a half hour at night just before returning to the building. During peak sometimes I would have to dead head to the building and drop off my air then I would turn around and go back up town to the coffee shop. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I didn't take a full hour (other than when I first started).

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I have no problem taking a lunch, but I like to take a 20 minute break after commercial stops and then take a 40 min before pickups. Now we can only take a 20 within the first hour and lunch must be completed by 3 which IMO is too narrow. The contract should follow Fed DOT regs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm so confused by this whole situation. This last week our management team said all drivers must complete their full hour lunch by 5pm, or 8th hour, per the contract. Multiple veteran drivers are complaining about this, I never realized how many people run through the day and take break at the end. These are guys with over 15 years in, is this a normal thing at your center?

I personally take 40 mins or so during the day and the last 10-15 mins in the building, so it's not that big of a change for me. I just figured guys would be happy that management is adhering to the contract.
They let us 05 here and I'm not sure I know of 1 person that sits down and takes their hour every day. Most take 10-20 min.

Personally there's zero chance I'm taking any break after I return to the building. Once I'm back I'm going home.