Drivers not being able to sleep well at night (Off Topic Welcomed)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I drove I always tried to what was in the best interest of my customers on my route,

So you are saying that you didn't sleep well when you were with UPS

I imagine that there were nights when he tossed and turned thinking about what he could have done differently or perhaps handled a situation differently.

Hourlies say that they leave it at work once they punch out but if they were really being honest with us (and themselves) I'd bet that many would say the same.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I imagine that there were nights when he tossed and turned thinking about what he could have done differently or perhaps handled a situation differently.

Hourlies say that they leave it at work once they punch out but if they were really being honest with us (and themselves) I'd bet that many would say the same.
actually the key to a successful, stress free long career at ups is to be able to "leave ups at the gate" after you punch out.

I don't bring it home. I address any issues while I'm there but after that, my time is not best served worrying about ups at home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

actually the key to a successful, stress free long career at ups is to be able to "leave ups at the gate" after you punch out.

I don't bring it home. I address any issues while I'm there but after that, my time is not best served worrying about ups at home.

I don't think about work nearly as much as I used to when I first started but there are nights when I "re-hash" a difficult delivery or pickup situation that may not have gone as well as I would have hoped.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

I never did and still don't. I made the decision many years ago that I was not going to change who I fundamentally am and how I treat or interact with people because of what numbers management wanted me to meet, or how they treated me. I have tried ,and I think succeeded in never letting my customers know how I ticked off I was with UPS. I have treated people the way I would want to be treated, or how they have treated me for my time out there

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't think about work nearly as much as I used to when I first started but there are nights when I "re-hash" a difficult delivery or pickup situation that may not have gone as well as I would have hoped.

Why? What exactly does it accomplish bringing it home?

Think about the difficult work situation while at work so as to learn from it and be better for it.

But don't bring that crap home into your outside life.

That's how you make it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My family knew nothing about what I did at UPS other than the fact I worked there.
When I got transferred to Corporate, my wife did not know for 2 years and that was only because I had to go to Europe for a month.
I never fretted over things ... I just worked on fixing things.