Drivers not finishing?

WorknLateHuh

Our center is overstaffed. On roads are asking if drivers want time off. If you have a 9-10 planned day you are over-dispatched, and drivers come out and take work. Helpers?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Our center is overstaffed. On roads are asking if drivers want time off. If you have a 9-10 planned day you are over-dispatched, and drivers come out and take work. Helpers?
image.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have been getting crushed with stops being brought back.Today 8 more routes were added and i think everyone came in clean tonite

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Yea right.
Do you know any manager stupid enough to issue a warning letter for failure to work as directed when he is directing the employee to falsify delivery records?

I would promptly file a grievance for directing me to falsify records.
The warning letter would be withdrawn.

In case your BOG management team conveniently forgot to mention it...
E/C is no longer to be used unless weather or another actual emergency caused you to bring back stops.

Ask them about it. They got the memo. No more EC for over-dispatching.

Just inform lp....cause they will walk you out!

AKCoverMan

Because management and their Mickey Mouse numbers said so. I probably should have put quotes around that part to indicate it was tongue in cheek.
Ok I get you. I don't worry about the numbers much other than making sure the one under paid hours is accurate. I felt bad about not finishing Tuesday and Wednesday but not because it was my fault. We simply poured more volume into the system this week than the system is staffed/equipmented to handle.

Thursday my peak route was cut back and I had an 8.25 hour day followed by a 9 hour day today, See what happens Monday.

Ms.PacMan

7 OS/OW yesterday and a lot of Saturday air. They must be diverting freight packages.

Dispatches were more normal but adding the air and freight effed everything up for me.

Overpaid Union Thug

And either do I anymore. I don't push myself like I use to. Makes my life a lot easier not caring.
I went in to I Don't Care Mode about a year ago. My body is thanking me for it. Peak Mode? LOL! I told my helper he's got it made riding with me and to expect to be worked like a dog with anyone else because they'll turn him into one of them...... gutless runners and gunners. I said the warning signs will be when they tell him to run and when they start piling the next ten stops on the dash and floor of the cab.

Indecisi0n

I went in to I Don't Care Mode about a year ago. My body is thanking me for it. Peak Mode? LOL! I told my helper he's got it made riding with me and to expect to be worked like a dog with anyone else because they'll turn him into one of them...... gutless runners and gunners. I said the warning signs will be when they tell him to run and when they start piling the next ten stops on the dash and floor of the cab.
When I was gunning I use to not even let the helper sit in the cab. He sat on the rear bumper with then next 5 stops lined up next to him.