Drivers not scanning on pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean hairy

Customer trying to tell Drivers how to their jobs!
Wonder if he would like us telling him what he should do at his job?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Drivers are actually instructed not to scan pickups. It doesn't throw anything off, the package is scanned when it gets back to the building.

We are talking about an on call pickup here. We are required to scan all of the packages at an on call as there is no end of day report for us to scan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Management told us to not even scan those because it takes too much time, just put in the number of packages (even though it subsequently says the number doesn't match)

If the number that they called in does no match the number that they hand you you can change the number on the on call.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
He paid the $10 for an on call pickup. Our driver is supposed to scan all of the packages at an on call pickup----that is the method.
No the method is to work as directed. As has been pointed out numerous times on here. Each area operates differently from one another ,and if they have been instructed not to scan packages being picked up then they shouldn't.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was being sarcastic. I have two huge pick ups at the end of the day. They average anywhere from 500-700 each pick up and most are already in the forever smalls bags.

I'm aware that all letter box pick ups have to be scanned. Never had more than maybe 50 at a letter box. But I'm sure it happens.

I just scan the end of day and put in the total per management minus the skim total from earlier.

We used to scan them all at these two big pick ups but the center manager and the DM changed that.

Again, we are talking about OCA's here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No the method is to work as directed. As has been pointed out numerous times on here. Each area operates differently from one another ,and if they have been instructed not to scan packages being picked up then they shouldn't.

It is an on call pickup. You are supposed to scan all packages at an on call pickup.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
All letter box pick ups have to be scanned and yes sometimes that could mean a hundred or two hundred at some large insurance companies, may add 10 or 15 minutes to your day sitting in an air conditioned building scanning NDA letters.

We are talking about on calls here.

TTKU

Sarcasm genius. I know what he was saying. He also said ups should require to scan every pick up package every time.

You really don't pay attention to the details do you?
TTKU

Status
Not open for further replies.