Drivers on salary

BrownTie

The more IE pushes their numbers, I could see more drivers opt-in into the 9.5 grievence. But drivers on salary? Not if you want the Union.

dcdriver

nations capital
I wish dcdriver would elaborate on his OP so that we could have more to base our posts on.

d, I will admit that I did what you spoke of one time. I punched out on the road so as not to go over 9.5 I was 10 minutes from the center and was less concerned about the $$ and more concerned about what would be said if I had gone over.

Have not checked in a few day, will elaborate some more.
Driver get back to the building before 9.5 only to hang around and punch out at 9.5 everyday. I work late the last few days and saw many drivers hanging around just to punch out exactly at 9.5. Checked operation report in morning every day same drivers working 9.5 day after day after day. They dont go over 9.5 just punch out the same time everyday. Supervisor "As long as you guys dont go over 9.5 and show on my report dont care what time you punch out."

over9five

Staff member
Driver get back to the building before 9.5 only to hang around and punch out at 9.5 everyday. I work late the last few days and saw many drivers hanging around just to punch out exactly at 9.5. Checked operation report in morning every day same drivers working 9.5 day after day after day. They dont go over 9.5 just punch out the same time everyday. Supervisor "As long as you guys dont go over 9.5 and show on my report dont care what time you punch out."
Don't understand how they can just stand there. Sounds like "stealing time" to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are these guys on lunch or break while they are waiting or are they just waiting? Are they putting down the actual time that they return to the building or are they fudging that as well? I agree with Ovah on this one.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Are they taking the rest of their lunch? OR their breaks? IF not, they are stealing time.

I never worried much about the 9.5. They dispatched me, I delivered it. If they did not want me to deliver past 9.5, they would not have put the work on me. If they insisted, I would be in by 9.5, but would take my full lunch and paid break before punching out. Anything less is falsification of your time card. (electronic or paper, does not matter.)

d

dcdriver

nations capital
Most of the salary drivers run over allowed in a bonus center. As for the lunch IMO they take many during the day. They are not showing up on the reports so the sups. dont care. Returned to building times can always be changed. Iam sure if cut off was 10.5 things would be the same. How many feeder driver are the same 59.5 hours a week. Every week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of the salary drivers run over allowed in a bonus center. As for the lunch IMO they take many during the day. They are not showing up on the reports so the sups. dont care. Returned to building times can always be changed. Iam sure if cut off was 10.5 things would be the same. How many feeder driver are the same 59.5 hours a week. Every week.

So you don't see a problem with this?

Just_another_day_at_work

Two things in mind either they don't take the full lunch and punch out at 9.5 or they milking the clock.

whiskey

We are all salaried employees at UPS. That goes for management as well as hourlies.
Any cover driver could write a book on how to "save" time. It could be anything from sticking a folded up delivery notice in the bulk head door lock to bypass using a key, or simply not leaving indirect delivery notices. To picking up scheduled pm pickups in the morning. And on and on and on.
And I only had one whiskey once.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If these drivers were getting bonus, they would actually still be getting paid for punching out early. Still don't understand the reason for doing this, except as upstate pointed out. That is to be off the clock by 9.5.

If the manager wants you off under 9.5 then he can come and get some stops. These guys have billions of dollars of dispatch technology yet they can't seem to figure out how much work you need.

Re-Raise

If the manager wants you off under 9.5 then he can come and get some stops. These guys have billions of dollars of dispatch technology yet they can't seem to figure out how much work you need.

Exactly. If you put it on my truck I am going to deliver it.

If you don't want me to work over 9.5 hours don't put over 9.5 hours of work on me.