Drivers parking illegally

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The police know we work hard, deliver fast, and one of the safest drivers on the road. I have NEVER heard of any police officer giving a driver a hard time about where we park because 99% of the time we are gone in 2 minutes. Anybody that has drove 1 day for UPS doesn't spend his break or lunch parked in an illegal way.

Must be nice. Are they all in order or do you have to search through EDD to find the next stop.

They put my dol in there own order without my say. I followed it to the t about 5 months later I was instructed to not follow trace. My ba sent a letter to the labor manager about our requirement to follow trace and got no reply whatsoever. So I now work as directed in the best interest of the employer. So yea I do jump around a little or on some days a lot but it always makes sense. I also follow there methods to a t. I am a Christian but at ups I follow a specific way. There way it's there way or the highway and they are god at my place of business. So I follow the meaning of Islam or Total submission to god while I'm at ups. They are god it's there bed let them lie in it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The local police are in a union and, for the most part, are very kind to the men and women in brown. Often assisting package car drivers to the safest location to park and make delivery.

I remember the time I had about 750 lbs of ammunition to deliver to the local police department. The duty sergeant didnt want to haul all of those boxes back from the normal delivery point at the front desk, so he had me drive around to the side of the building and park on the sidewalk. :wink2:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Parking is limited in many places we deliver.

Our fire station has no place out front so you have to park in front of a fire hydrant, or pull up next door at the police station and either double park or park in a police space. Usually takes 2-3 minutes total.

I have had trouble makers (never there though) try to start something about my parking choice from on rare occasion and I always have a response to whatever they say to me; "Thank you" and I just finish up my business and move on like I was going to any way. That usually deflates any argument, plus I can have a good laugh about it later.

John19841

A few thoughts...

First off, I think the driver was actually an On Car. The fact that the other guy in the truck said nothing at all kinda makes that obvious. I think he was actually parked in a good spot. I would of pulled right up front, but he didn't. You can see only for a second that he was parked along a curb, a good walk from the plaza he's delivering to. I do think he over reacted, too....but that's what I hate about these videos.

The video has clearly been edited. In some places it's done pretty good, and other spots blatant. It's the things we don't know that would really tell the whole story. We don't know if this was the first time the guy came up to him and told him he was 'parked illegally' or the 20th. I get the impression the guy has been following him around for a while, nagging him about where he's parking. I think it's also pretty obvious the guy making the videos is out looking for a reaction like he got. What he said or did that was not shown in the final video is what I would like to see.

And one final thought. Before they even showed the UPS guy, just during the intro that guy had already started annoying me. I don't know who or why anyone would watch him. Looks to me like just another fat, lazy SOB who never got a real job.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I remember the time I had about 750 lbs of ammunition to deliver to the local police department. The duty sergeant didnt want to haul all of those boxes back from the normal delivery point at the front desk, so he had me drive around to the side of the building and park on the sidewalk. :wink2:

You meant pause
:scooter:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A few thoughts...

First off, I think the driver was actually an On Car. The fact that the other guy in the truck said nothing at all kinda makes that obvious. I think he was actually parked in a good spot. I would of pulled right up front, but he didn't. You can see only for a second that he was parked along a curb, a good walk from the plaza he's delivering to. I do think he over reacted, too....but that's what I hate about these videos.

The video has clearly been edited. In some places it's done pretty good, and other spots blatant. It's the things we don't know that would really tell the whole story. We don't know if this was the first time the guy came up to him and told him he was 'parked illegally' or the 20th. I get the impression the guy has been following him around for a while, nagging him about where he's parking. I think it's also pretty obvious the guy making the videos is out looking for a reaction like he got. What he said or did that was not shown in the final video is what I would like to see.

And one final thought. Before they even showed the UPS guy, just during the intro that guy had already started annoying me. I don't know who or why anyone would watch him. Looks to me like just another fat, lazy SOB who never got a real job.

That is basically what I told the guy in a reply the other day. So far, my reply has not been posted ( "comment pending" )

He is basically a real-life troll! Scary

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They put my dol in there own order without my say. I followed it to the t about 5 months later I was instructed to not follow trace. My ba sent a letter to the labor manager about our requirement to follow trace and got no reply whatsoever. So I now work as directed in the best interest of the employer. So yea I do jump around a little or on some days a lot but it always makes sense. I also follow there methods to a t. I am a Christian but at ups I follow a specific way. There way it's there way or the highway and they are god at my place of business. So I follow the meaning of Islam or Total submission to god while I'm at ups. They are god it's there bed let them lie in it.
Good for you 407. Glad to hear that. Personally, I believe in taking care of my customers and doing the best job I can do for my employer. If you wish to make this some sort of religious statement that's entirely your business.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

That is the same impression I got, especially after looking at a few of his other YouTube postings. The guy is what I call a "professional victim". He is a self-appointed, holier-than-thou "safty nazi" who isnt happy unless he has something to complain about. What he fails to comprehend is that many of the goods he purchases are delivered by truck, and the cost of those goods is determined in part by the cost of the labor needed to deliver them. His outrage would be appropriate if the driver parked that way and then when inside to go shopping or eat lunch, but that is not what is happening.

CaliforniaPaul

The guy is what I call a "professional victim". He is a self-appointed, holier-than-thou "safty nazi" who isnt happy unless he has something to complain about.

This is kinda the way you operate, sober!!!

Good for you 407. Glad to hear that. Personally, I believe in taking care of my customers and doing the best job I can do for my employer. If you wish to make this some sort of religious statement that's entirely your business.

Your not understanding my point. I run the route in the best interest of the employer. If I'm jumping from the 7000 section to the 4000 section it's because this is the best way to run the route. I'm servicing my customers in the best interest of the company but I'm only running about 60% trace to do it as instructed. They never wanted to put it in the order I needed because I don't know why. This is not my problem I'm here to do a job and work as instructed no matter how foolish it may be. As long as you are doing it 100% safe its on them. Most of the problems that need to be fixed are easy it's just not that important to them at that time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your not understanding my point. I run the route in the best interest of the employer. If I'm jumping from the 7000 section to the 4000 section it's because this is the best way to run the route. I'm servicing my customers in the best interest of the company but I'm only running about 60% trace to do it as instructed. They never wanted to put it in the order I needed because I don't know why. This is not my problem I'm here to do a job and work as instructed no matter how foolish it may be. As long as you are doing it 100% safe its on them. Most of the problems that need to be fixed are easy it's just not that important to them at that time.
'HE' helps those who help themselves.