Drivers Threatened

bbsam

Staff member
Unfortunately this again points out the inaccuracy of FedEx assertion that all three delivery co. are seperate. Its similar to that thread about the FedEx Ground truck involved in the accident, the article clearly states that a "FedEx" vehicle was involved in an accident not an "indepenantly owned and opperated vehicle contracted by FedEx to deliver ground parcels" was involved in an accident. Im not assuming rather or not FedEx does or doesnt care about you, but since you are not directly employed by them you are not thier first priority. Its too bad but its cases like this that clearly point out the disadvantages of the contractor scam for the driver. Maybe Bbscam can inlighten us in what FedEx does do to directly impact the safety and well being of the indavisual Ground driver.
Do you know what a "spell checker" is? Or should we have sattelite edit every one of your posts?

Still I think this whole issue is blown out of proportion and the appropriate steps taken. The sherriff obviously didn't think much of the threat or the crazy guy would have been hauled in.

I do carry "workmans comp" insurance. It paid out over $100,000 in medical bills for a dog bite victim. The owner's lawyer tried to claim that the driver was tresspassing. Go figure.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Do you know what a "spell checker" is? Or should we have sattelite edit every one of your posts?

Still I think this whole issue is blown out of proportion and the appropriate steps taken. The sherriff obviously didn't think much of the threat or the crazy guy would have been hauled in.

I do carry "workmans comp" insurance. It paid out over $100,000 in medical bills for a dog bite victim. The owner's lawyer tried to claim that the driver was tresspassing. Go figure.
Wow Bbscam, please excuse me if my spelling isnt one of a genious sweat shop contractor such as yourself. I wasn't aware that this was a forum in which our grammer was to be policed. I could spell every word correctly and use every punctuation properly that would not change the fact that FedEx exploits its ground drivers with the aid of its contractors such as yourself. Besides being someone who has personally been bit on route three times I would love to know what exactly was your drivers wounds that resulted in $100,000 worth of damages. Did they lose a limb? I think you are full of it and as usual you substantiate your claim with nothing. Halv uh nic nite more on!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx is absolutely committed to absolving itself of any liability whenever possible. A few months ago, we had an Express courier go nuts one morning and start threatening a fellow employee. The nutjob had a long history of aggressive behavior towards both customers and fellow employees, but FedEx wouldn't do anything.

First, he was a minority, and anyone who works at Express is well aware of the long list of lawsuits for discrimination. Second, they wouldn't tell the threatened employee anything, so he called the cops. The cops told him that FedEx would not cooperate with the police and refused to release any information other than his(the nut's) name and address. And this is an employee, not the general public. The nutjob could be crazy, on heavy meds,or be dangerous on a number of levels, yet FedEx thought it more important to protect the company from legal action. He still has his job, although he got suspended for a week, and he's still a complete wackadoodle. Most of us at the station wonder when he'll go postal again, or come to the station with a gun and blow us all away.

You UPS people out there don't have a clue about how devious FedEx is, and to what levels they will stoop to save the company a few bucks. If someone did get shot by a crazy customer, FedEx would publicly lament it and say all the right things...even if they could have easily prevented it from happening in the first place

FedExer267

They did go to the house they couldn't find him or he didn't come to the door.. Whatever the case maybe as soon as the call came in probally to 1-800-go-fedex and then to are terminal there first call should of been to the drivers in the area to warn them then they should of called the police. I still think its ridiculous that no one at Fed Ex had a care in the world about are safety that is just wrong. When you have to hear it from the sherrif who pulls you over just because he happens to see you that to me shows a major disregard for the safety and well being of anyone doing their job for Fed Ex contractor or not. The cop was suprised that no one had contacted me and as I said before I had no clue. You want to be a business owner fine thats terrific 100,000 dollars would not save you from the lawsuit that would be slapped against you or Fed EX for failure to communicate resulting in bodily harm to a employee. Maybe my contractor had no clue either I will not know til the morning however Fed Ex should of done the right thing. That is my point.. Drivers for contractors already dont get their worth they shouldn't have to worry about Fed Ex or their contractor keeping important information from them that could result in harm or death. The whole thing was handled poorly...

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I wonder if this guy is acting out because he never got his meds from FDX or UPS. I have many consignee's tell me that when they run out of meds they don't need much to send them over the edge.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow Bbscam, please excuse me if my spelling isnt one of a genious sweat shop contractor such as yourself. I wasn't aware that this was a forum in which our grammer was to be policed. I could spell every word correctly and use every punctuation properly that would not change the fact that FedEx exploits its ground drivers with the aid of its contractors such as yourself. Besides being someone who has personally been bit on route three times I would love to know what exactly was your drivers wounds that resulted in $100,000 worth of damages. Did they lose a limb? I think you are full of it and as usual you substantiate your claim with nothing. Halv uh nic nite more on!
driver went to the porch of a house in rural Des Moines county, Ia. As she reached for the handle a 120lb Rottweiller broke through the screen door. Luckily she threw her arm up defensively in time to get her arm in front of her neck. Unfortunately the strength of the Rott's bite was enough to crush several bones in her wrist that after two surgeries to fuse what was left of bone and insert titanium rods where only fragments were left and more than a year off in physical therapy left her with only 50% strength in that arm.

Turns out that the owner of the dog is a county sherriff's deputy. They don't have viscious dog laws in the county, so the animal was aloud to live. However, once the workman's comp insurance finished sueing the homeowner's insurance my guess would be that the homeowner had to go find other insurance. And yes, the driver also received a $100,000 settelment.

So you see, not all dog bites are created equal.

P.S. Of course you don't have to spell correctly. It's just easier to take your comments a little more seriously when they don't read like they've been posted by Joe Dirt.

Have a nice night. (see how easy it really is?)

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
driver went to the porch of a house in rural Des Moines county, Ia. As she reached for the handle a 120lb Rottweiller broke through the screen door. Luckily she threw her arm up defensively in time to get her arm in front of her neck. Unfortunately the strength of the Rott's bite was enough to crush several bones in her wrist that after two surgeries to fuse what was left of bone and insert titanium rods where only fragments were left and more than a year off in physical therapy left her with only 50% strength in that arm.

Turns out that the owner of the dog is a county sherriff's deputy. They don't have viscious dog laws in the county, so the animal was aloud to live. However, once the workman's comp insurance finished sueing the homeowner's insurance my guess would be that the homeowner had to go find other insurance. And yes, the driver also received a $100,000 settelment.

So you see, not all dog bites are created equal.

P.S. Of course you don't have to spell correctly. It's just easier to take your comments a little more seriously when they don't read like they've been posted by Joe Dirt.

Have a nice night. (see how easy it really is?)
Well I stand corrected, maybe. Thank you for the info in regards to where you are though because it makes your points on the Ground Network even more unrellevent. Maybe out in Iowa 500 dollars a week is plenty of money to live off of, but out here on the west coast that doesnt begin to cover all of the expenses there are to live. You see Bbscam the more you type the further you dig! I hope I spelled every word right, I would hate for that to be another reason for you to get off topic.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Wow Bbscam, please excuse me if my spelling isnt one of a genious sweat shop contractor such as yourself. I wasn't aware that this was a forum in which our grammer was to be policed. I could spell every word correctly and use every punctuation properly, but that would not change the fact that FedEx exploits its ground drivers with the aid of its contractors such as yourself. Besides being someone who has personally been bit on route three times, I would love to know what exactly was your driver's wounds that resulted in $100,000 worth of damages. Did they lose a limb? I think you are full of it and as usual you substantiate your claim with nothing. Halv uh nic nite more on!

Sorrfy, with all these typos and grammatical errors, this post receives a grade of C-. There is still time to pull up your end of year grade, but it's going to take a real commitment on your part. Now: how bad do you want it?:teacher:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Well I stand corrected, maybe. Thank you for the info in regards to where you are though because it makes your points on the Ground Network even more unrellevent. Maybe out in Iowa 500 dollars a week is plenty of money to live off of, but out here on the west coast that doesnt begin to cover all of the expenses there are to live. You see Bbscam the more you type the further you dig! I hope I spelled every word right, I would hate for that to be another reason for you to get off topic.

Sorry, you got one wrong. But I see some improvement.
You've now improved to a C.
Keep up the hard work.:teacher:

FedExer267

Ok so I will give my contractor props he did not know about the situation either he told me if he did know he would call me and stay away. Which raises a question in my mind How in charge of your own business are you if Fed Ex is not letting you know 100% whats going on? He went threw the whole weekend and didn't know until I said something today that again is wrong. I would think Fed Ex would atleast have a obligation to contractors to let them know of situations like this, its already clear they don't give a crap about us as long as packages get delivered. When I told the supervisor that I refused to go down this road and why I refused to go down this road he straight up asked me how I knew about it. This tells me he had no plans of telling me what a crock. I would really hate to screw up his bonus for refusing to do a delivery for fear of getting shot.
The Express guy didn't know either so I enlightned him as well he seemed as upset as I was. I will talk to Home Delivery tomorrow.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
A "C"?! Maybe for a third grader.:happy-very:
Bbscam it must really bother you that I know that you are full of it. My spelling is your best argument with me, interesting is'nt it. My grammer may not be the best but you don't need to know how to spell Bu## Sh## to smell it. And you have a pretty strong oder my friend. Ironically its your arrogance that prevents you from seeing that its dirt bag contractors that will put contractors out of work. So if you are not one then maybe you should try leading by example as apose to bragging about your exploits!

bbsam

Staff member
Bbscam it must really bother you that I know that you are full of it. My spelling is your best argument with me, interesting is'nt it. My grammer may not be the best but you don't need to know how to spell Bu## Sh## to smell it. And you have a pretty strong oder my friend. Ironically its your arrogance that prevents you from seeing that its dirt bag contractors that will put contractors out of work. So if you are not one then maybe you should try leading by example as apose to bragging about your exploits!
But bragging is so much more fun!:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Pray tell, kind sir in this or other format the folly that hath befallen my father's son. For in truth it can be spoken that by chance 'tis my arrogance which shall bring me back to that fork in the road and in wisdom from thy fair but sub-par speech shall set me henceforth down the righteous path of glory. :wink2: