drivers, what boots do you wear, recommend?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ibleedbrown, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

boots have to be black or brown, be able to be polished etc etc. i'm looking for comfort. do they have to be high tops? i'm thinking of getting some sears work boots Men's Construction Boot: Get Traction You Can Trust at Sears til i actually make it through the school and start working a few weeks before i invest in some higher quality expensive ones. what boots do you recommend?
  2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I recommend google for searching forums.
  3. ibleedbrown

yes i tried that, the thread that popped up was from 2010. i would think some better boots have come out since then. unless you're wearing the same boots from 3 years ago.
  4. barnyard

5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Actually, these, Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Shoes (1T405) Leather Hi Black Monochrome: Shoes, should fit all the requirements.
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Redwing 435
  7. cosmo1

I might even try a pair of these, Converse Leather Chuck Taylor All Star Shoes (1T865) Low Top in Black Monochrome: Shoes, before I retire just to see the reaction!
  8. DainGrant

DainGrant New Member

Nike ACG Boots are quite comfortable and longlastin i have two rotating pairs for two.years now still in good condition because i work inside. Preloading sorting
    then i go out and do air.
  9. cosmo1

Yeah, I suppose those spikes could be considered 'non-slip'.
  10. ibleedbrown

are those the ones you wear barnyard? you must get some whistles in summer when you wear those with your shorts!
  11. 1pocket73

1pocket73 Member

I just got some nice Timberlands.Shopped around a bit and found these at Dicks Sporting Goods.They were a bit pricey but I have learned that when it comes to my feet,I am spending the money! I like them because they are very supportive and at the same time just as comfortable and light as a tennis shoe.
  12. uber

uber Guest

I'm pretty keen on Keen's.
  13. uber

uber Guest

Why do you always waste your time telling people to google. Why don't you just not click on the topic.
  14. uber

uber Guest

Re: Timberland

15. barnyard

It's what I do.
  16. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

I have these Wolverine Rangel 6 Inch Brown Composite Toe Boot although I bought them from, thru the UPS discounts. I bought 1 pair and found them so comfortable so I bought another to rotate them. They are waterproof and lightweight.
  17. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Danner. Made in America (most of them, anyway). The best boots money can buy. You can have an older pair reconditioned/resoled and they are as good as new. I'm partial to them because the Danner factory is in Portland, less than an hour away from me, and their outlet store sells factory seconds and blemished boots for half the cost of new. We earn our living on our feet, so it is false economy to go cheap on footwear.
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I'm wearing a pair of Timberland Pro's right now. I like them. They're comfortable. We'll see how long they last.
  19. gobble14

gobble14 New Member

danner or bates are the best
  20. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I'm wearing the same style Sketchers for probably the last 10 years. When you find a shoe you like buy a bunch of them.