Driveways, Safety, & WTF!!

So you must be in a hurry?? Leaving in a bag at bottom of driveway is not a method. I get paid by the hour so if it takes 20 minutes to walk it then that's what it takes. Shortcuts mean more stops on your route.

And if you get hurt? Twist your ankle/knee? Get bit by a dog/goat? Come face to face with a bear/ bison? What do you say?

bham brown

And if you get hurt? Twist your ankle/knee? Get bit by a dog/goat? Come face to face with a bear/ bison? What do you say?

I say I have an injury I need to report. Pretty simple. All this is based on the fact they are instructing you not to pull the driveway. if the driveway isn't safe to pull up then you walk it. It's that simple. I get paid to leave it at the house. Not at the start of the driveway

wayfair

swollen member
I say I have an injury I need to report. Pretty simple. All this is based on the fact they are instructing you not to pull the driveway. if the driveway isn't safe to pull up then you walk it. It's that simple. I get paid to leave it at the house. Not at the start of the driveway

there is a gate option in DR

PT Car Washer

I often find myself hoping certain stops have their gate closed. Bag it and tag it, DR gate.... but if it's open I'm taking it to the door one way or another, that's what we're paid for.
Not if it means taking a chance on getting stuck driving down (or up) it. Or walking and falling down several times on ice. Bag it and leave it hanging in a tree or by the mailbox.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not if it means taking a chance on getting stuck driving down (or up) it. Or walking and falling down several times on ice. Bag it and leave it hanging in a tree or by the mailbox.
What is this ICE you speak of?
I couldn't deal with that, props to the drivers who do.

I was really talking about the 5-10 minute walk deliveries. I pray their gates are closed.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Driveways are made to be driven on, especially over a thousand feet. I asked for years how long a driveway had to be before we could drive up one, finally one supervisor reluctantly said over 500 feet. Like anything else at UPS, I'm sure this wil vary with who you talk to. Everything is always worded if anything bad happens it will be the employee's fault, we are set up to fail.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Isn't gate still "k" right next to shed "l"?
Do you not have a lettered list at big arrow down from your numbered list?

542thruNthru

Driveways are made to be driven on, especially over a thousand feet. I asked for years how long a driveway had to be before we could drive up one, finally one supervisor reluctantly said over 500 feet. Like anything else at UPS, I'm sure this wil vary with who you talk to. Everything is always worded if anything bad happens it will be the employee's fault, we are set up to fail.

Funny you say that. My on road said per methods it's anything over 100 feet. I was sure it was a lie.

In the 4 states I've worked in, that would be an unacceptable answer. Driver safety is more important than a front door delivery.
I would be dead if I walked every driveway.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We've had a lot of driveway incidents lately.
We've been instructed, in writing, to not use driveways unless it's over 100 yards.

Most are for a driver dropping a tire off the pavement, customer wants a 4 foot strip of grass re-sodded. Even had a claim because a package car leaked oil on their driveway. Driver's fault obviously.... SMH.

MC4YOU2

Is k blank on your screen? Maybe you have some cool stuff we don't, like doghouse or birdbath?

MC4YOU2

We had BBQ too. I recall once the driver not leaving a note and the pkg got roasted when the customer used the auto light. BBQ was "friend" I think. "H" was screen door. I can't recall all of them and it's only been 11 months.