Drivin' the Bus

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Actually given the angle of the picture you're giving the PC a greater coverage towards the rear so the actual size of the PC to bus is less. From my memories riding a school bus the width of a window is greater than 1 foot and it seems the standard width required by safety standards is 22 inches. So seeing a full window, plus the back and part of a second window, we can easily conclude it's greater than 2 feet.

Heck holding my ruler up to the monitor and measuring the window and the visible area around it I'd say there's about 42 inches visible meaning 3.5 feet. Combine that with the angle and the back of your PC is most likely 4 feet or more ahead of the rear of the bus.

Here's where some fun comes in though, It appears the front doors of the PC are aligned with the entrance to the bus, and I have a hard time finding buses these days that aren't flat on the front unlike the PC. So with rough measurements with a ruler on the monitor and considering the angle of the shot If this is a flat fronted bus the size of the PC vs the size of the bus is indeed within a couple feet.

Just for fun I went a little further and tried to measure the shadows on the ground, and it appears to hold up to be around/under 2 feet as well.

I decide to do strange things sometimes when I should be getting sleep. . .
154218d4.gif

Wow, you're really observant. :) I'm impressed. Yeah, I aligned the doors which ended up making the front of my truck stick out past the bus but I didn't have time to get the bumpers to match up...I didn't plan on going into all that lol.

curiousbrain

We call the 1400's "the Bus" as well.

Boss: Go park the Bus in bay 20.
Me: You know, I'm not DOT certified ...
Boss: *Glare*
Me: *Crop dust his office*; then, I go park the Bus in bay 20.

It's a living.

curiousbrain

We call the 1400's "the Bus" as well.

Boss: Go park the Bus in bay 20.
Me: You know, I'm not DOT certified ...
Boss: *Glare*
Me: *Crop dust his office*; then, I go park the Bus in bay 20.

It's a living.

You know, upon reflection, I'm not sure there is anything of substance to that post except that I rip ***** in my boss's office ... so I apologize in that regard.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How's the tail swing on those? I know all my P12s catch hell behind the axle.

Swing is about the same as the 1200s because most of the extra length seems to be between the axles so while you have to watch the ass end more than most rigs, it's not terrible. Some times on tight turns in and out of parking lots the rear tire has to go up on the curb a little bit so early in the day it can be raining packages from the shelf if you don't curb it slow.